Students and Alumni flaunt their fandom

Skipper

Wrestler mask kid is my kiddo. He loves it and can't get enough Mean Green. He was fan of the game for the Nicholls game. What the hell were we supposed to do with 15 free car washes? Gave 'em to the fire fighters on the way out.

Section 106 rocks. I don't pay that much attention to what is going on behind us, but it seems like the first several rows in our section are pretty vocal on good plays and defense.

Your son is awesome. Here's a TV shot from the LaTech game of him:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UNTAlumni?src=hash">#UNTAlumni</a> please come Saturday. Every Mean Green Gameday you miss is a day you can&#39;t get back. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/UNT?src=hash">#UNT</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GMG?src=hash">#GMG</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Hit30K?src=hash">#Hit30K</a> <a href="http://t.co/gD5mV1By9i">pic.twitter.com/gD5mV1By9i</a></p>&mdash; #MeanGreenMan (@MeanGreenMan23) <a href="https://twitter.com/MeanGreenMan23/status/510484073501184000">September 12, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Meh. I guess it depends on your section. I'm fine with 106. We've got Mean Green Man, wrestler mask kid, and put-in-Cooper-Jones guy (Dr. Seuss). Thor stands proudly in our section through the whole game and people generally stand and get loud and rowdy on 3rd downs on defense and know enough about the game to not get loud when we are on offense in between plays. I'm good.

104 til I die baby! Southern Miss game, 104 vs 106, Anchorman style.

• Upvote 1

MG Man keep it going. I love how our student body is getting creative and bringing energy to the rowdy side. My niece got a pic with Mean Green Man and loved it. Thanks for making days!

I always dreaded going to the Alumni side because I like to get loud, rowdy and stand most of the game. However, our section is Mean Green Fantastic! I am in heaven on the 45 and add beer and that dang puppet to the mix and whala you have the best section I have been in since college. LOVE IT and that dang puppet gets as much air time as Winston does during a suspension week. Don't come by us if you called into work sick or are in the witness protection program. The cameras love to see him fly.

By the way RV go on Amazon buy a bunch of Eagle puppets put a North Texas jersey on them and sell them for $50 bucks inside the bookstore. Parents keep ribbing us because their kids are looking for the puppet inside the bookstore and they sarcastically thank us for costing them $$$ after they leave the game.

Legendary fans:

* That OSU buckeye man that wears the flag

* Snake at UNM in The Pit

* The blue Elvises at Boise

* Mean Green Man, Mean Green Girl and the Human Eagle

* FireFightin Rick

* The Jets Firefighting Man

I know there are more but those definitely come to mind.

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

MG Man keep it going. I love how our student body is getting creative and bringing energy to the rowdy side. My niece got a pic with Mean Green Man and loved it. Thanks for making days!

I always dreaded going to the Alumni side because I like to get loud, rowdy and stand most of the game. However, our section is Mean Green Fantastic! I am in heaven on the 45 and add beer and that dang puppet to the mix and whala you have the best section I have been in since college. LOVE IT and that dang puppet gets as much air time as Winston does during a suspension week. Don't come by us if you called into work sick or are in the witness protection program. The cameras love to see him fly.

By the way RV go on Amazon buy a bunch of Eagle puppets put a North Texas jersey on them and sell them for $50 bucks inside the bookstore. Parents keep ribbing us because their kids are looking for the puppet inside the bookstore and they sarcastically thank us for costing them $$$ after they leave the game.

Legendary fans:

* That OSU buckeye man that wears the flag

* Snake at UNM in The Pit

* The blue Elvises at Boise

* Mean Green Man, Mean Green Girl and the Human Eagle

* FireFightin Rick

* The Jets Firefighting Man

I know there are more but those definitely come to mind.

GMG

My pleasure, honestly, it's people like you and your niece who truly make my day. That was the first time I had seen the puppet, I love it. FireFightin Rick is definitely the most iconic Mean Green Fan in my book, been that way for over a decade for me, personally.

You can have a lot of spirit without dressing up for Halloween every week.

Really? To each his own. They support UNT and come to all the games. Why woukd you discourage that? My 8 year old thinks they are awesome.

And if the Event Staff ask me to sit and calm down, I will politely tell them no.

Edited by UNTLifer

Well, then I apologize to Mr. UNT90. I cannot keep up with all the jackassery on this board. It's maddening. I don't know why I waste my time on it, but, yet, here I am...

I think 90 was responding with his "just.. I..." about y'all being told to be quite and sit down. But I get what you're saying. I appreciate what you do man. Keep it going. GMG

• Downvote 1