Attendance?

EagleD

90 why don't you go somewhere else? You're a miserable individual. It's a great series because people (other than yourself enjoy the game. Unfortunately a crappy kickoff time screwed up a great crowd, not to mention a non existent offense. Please for everyone else go somewhere read the message board and just keep your thoughts to yourself. Good lord I've never heard someone be so damn negative ALL THE FLIPPING TIME.

SMU was the scheduling savior to many on here. Problem is, no one under 35 gives two cramps about SMU.

The scheduling sucks. As long as it continues to suck, I'll continue to point it out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12

I have some issues with the scheduling, but SMU is a great series. If we want to make noise in the Metroplex, there's no one better to have on our schedule every year. At least not until we're to a point where we can contend with Big XII teams.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

It's a cheap road trip, helps in recruiting regionally, and it's kind of a rivalry. I don't know his you can't see that 90. When both teams are decent and the kickoff time is reasonable there will be a good showing. I understand some of the scheduling complaining, but vert your complaints elsewhere. This series is here to stay. GMG

• Upvote 2

SMU was the scheduling savior to many on here. Problem is, no one under 35 gives two cramps about SMU.

The scheduling sucks. As long as it continues to suck, I'll continue to point it out.

According to whom? Proof? I don't mind the schedule as is. Would rather have flipped Indiana and UT though.

• Upvote 1

I have never said anything to you or about you about your posts. Most of them i don't agree with, some of them i do. I've given you a fair share of + and -. What i don't understand and don't like is that even on days when we have good wins, and decent attendance, you find some way to make a comment to annoy and frustrate people. Can we not enjoy the win? Can we not talk about decent attendance, that i thought was much better then expected considering Time, Opponent, and Last weeks debacle?. Start your own thread or do what ever you need to complain and get your point across (i don't mind, its the internet, type what you please) but do you really find it necessary to have to bring it up in every other thread? Lets just cut it back a bit.

He can't, it's impossible.

• Upvote 3

Well hell I like SMU series.

Mike did I not give you enough tequila today?

We probably didn't have 18k in attendance, most likely it was tickets sold. Still it was a fun game and much needed after last week. Good seeing you Tony! I hope to see you at the tailgate next home game.

Well hell I like SMU series.

Mike did I not give you enough tequila today?

We probably didn't have 18k in attendance, most likely it was tickets sold. Still it was a fun game and much needed after last week. Good seeing you Tony! I hope to see you at the tailgate next home game.

Yes, if i have the day off i will swing by your tailgate! Good seeing you again too!

Actually, I have been surprised by a group of fans who were very excited after our win over SMU. it was a group of former frat guys who had often stayed out in the parking lot during the Dodge years. They were thrilled to beat SMU. They think of SMU as the school they wanted to beat more than any other. They all graduated in the last six years or so. None could make it to the SMU game between work and families. Only one of the group was able make it to La Tech again because of family and work.

But these guys tell me beating SMU made them WANT to come to games. So there are a number of guys in their 20s who care about beating SMU.

• Upvote 3

90 why don't you go somewhere else? You're a miserable individual. It's a great series because people (other than yourself) enjoy the game. Unfortunately a crappy kickoff time screwed up a great crowd, not to mention a non existent offense. Please for everyone else go somewhere read the message board and just keep your thoughts to yourself. Good lord I've never heard someone be so damn negative ALL THE FLIPPING TIME.

You're new here, aren't you? ;)

Dead horse, meet UNT90. I believe you two are well aquainted.

Be careful. If you disagree with him, he will call you a RV apologist.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1

SMU is an ok series, nothing more. They bring no one to our stadium, we will bring a ton to theirs. They benefit far more than we do from this series.

SMU isn't in the SWC anymore and hasn't been relevant in football for a long time. That fact that they are our marque OOC series demonstrates how bad scheduling continues to be (that and 2 five home game seasons in 4 years).

Call me whatever you want, but if you paid attention to this aspect of UNT football, the only thing you would be calling me is right.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4