TAP. THE. BRAKES.

UNT90

Everyone keeps saying they lost to a DII school and rightfully so. Just so folks know the DII school they lost to hasn't lost a regular season game going on 3 years. So it wasn't just your run of the mill DII school.

For the DW naysayers, he is by faaaaaarrrrrrrr our best QB. It's not even close, at all. He will lead this O and we are bowling this year. If our CB's and DW plays well in Bloomington we have a very good shot of winning. Indiana isn't going to kill us. So shhhhhh (you don't know what you're talking about).

• Upvote 5

I know Texas Southern wasn't this bad in 2012, but take a look at our stats, especially passing, from the last time we hosted an FCS opponent.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=322520249&version=mobile

Dajon has the talent, composure, darn near everything you look for from a skill set perspective. Like Munthe said, expect growing pains, but the kid is a stud and he's a qb who can win us games. You can say what you want about this being Nicholls State and that you'll wait to get excited until he doesn't it against a tough opponent, but if you can't tell how talented he is or how much better he is than our other options, even in the limited sample, then you're not paying good attention. You can't deny this talent.

• Upvote 5

Billy how dare you be reasonable!! Lol Dajon will mess up and probably cost us a game at some point, but man oh man am I excited about watching him play. There is nothing in our offense that if asked to do he would struggle with. I feel bad for opposing defenses.

• Upvote 2

Also, DAJON is what we like to call a gamer, lights come on and he shows up and shows out. You wanna win big boy competitive football?? You deal with guys like DAJON who may or may not work hard all the time, because when the lights come on there is NO denying the ability. Off my soap box. :)

• Upvote 4

Plus it was the most points scored since 1950. In 64 years, even against the sweetest, softest cupcakes, we haven't had a score this high. You might get a couple of drives where you score quickly, but I looked at the box score in the 3rd quarter; our TOP was under 11 minutes and theirs was over 25. They had over 20 more plays than we did. We scored over 70 more points with 20-ish less plays, in about 15-20 minutes less and that includes giving the ball to Evans and then the 11th string for most of the 2nd half to try to run the clock out. No matter how bad the opponent, you don't see that with a below-average QB. Indiana will be a bigger test, but I don't think we need to be nearly as worried about bowling now.

• Upvote 3

Before they adjust the rankings tomorrow, here are some stats as of this week. This is for after everybody else had their tune-up games and before we had ours and switched QBs. Let's see how much we jump in just one day. I'm sure the overall rankings will change too, but this is just the very basic stuff you see on espn.com.

Passing Yards: 124th (99.3)

Rushing Yards: 88th (142.7)

Points For: 47th (37.0)

Points Against: 51st (22.3)

With the stats updated, here's how much we jumped with Dajon playing a little over two quarters yesterday:

Passing Yards: 121st (125.0)

Rushing Yards: 50th (188.0)

Points For: 42nd (37.0)

Points Against: 48th (22.3)

• Upvote 1

Before they adjust the rankings tomorrow, here are some stats as of this week. This is for after everybody else had their tune-up games and before we had ours and switched QBs. Let's see how much we jump in just one day. I'm sure the overall rankings will change too, but this is just the very basic stuff you see on espn.com.

Passing Yards: 124th (99.3)

Rushing Yards: 88th (142.7)

Points For: 47th (37.0)

Points Against: 51st (22.3)

I was looking at our ESPN homepage yesterday during the game and we were ranked wayyyy lower than this represents. We were ranked the 100's in rushing, passing, points for and against.

What I'm trying to say is our jump may have been bigger that we think. Wish I would've taken a screen shot

Edited by cdizzle86
  • Upvote 1

I swear you'd rearrange the furniture in a blind kid's house. We all know this is vastly inferior competition but let people feel goid after the quarterbacking we've endured.

+1. We aren't all that stupid. We know this is A. a D2 team. B. a horrible team. 3. A home game.

Lets enjoy this win until tonight and then think about two weeks from now. Amen?

• Upvote 1

i agree with tap the brakes, but we all knew that any QB could have come in and had a good game, but what Dajon did well, is he made a bunch of very good decisions on read options and only threw one ball that i didn't like...

if the running threat he brings continues to look like this, hopefully we dont have to throw the ball 35 times a game...

what we should all be EXTREMELY happy about, is that Dajon played for more than a half and didn't turn the ball over, which has to bolster Mac's confidence in him...

now he has 2 full weeks to prep for a long road game at a big ten school that is very beatable

• Upvote 1

This thread is funny. If you can't tell the Dajon is the best QB we've had here in a long long time and be excited, then you'll never be happy. As GMG24 said, sure he'll blow some stuff this year and next year and probably even in his Senior year, cause he ain't a robot, but he is so exciting. I can not wait to watch him again.

Everyone keeps saying they lost to a DII school and rightfully so. Just so folks know the DII school they lost to hasn't lost a regular season game going on 3 years. So it wasn't just your run of the mill DII school.

For the DW naysayers, he is by faaaaaarrrrrrrr our best QB. It's not even close, at all. He will lead this O and we are bowling this year. If our CB's and DW plays well in Bloomington we have a very good shot of winning. Indiana isn't going to kill us. So shhhhhh (you don't know what you're talking about).

The Dallas Cowboys have four players from D-II schools on their team. Just glancing at their roster, it looks like the Saint.Louis Rams have three.

This thread is funny. If you can't tell the Dajon is the best QB we've had here in a long long time and be excited, then you'll never be happy. As GMG24 said, sure he'll blow some stuff this year and next year and probably even in his Senior year, cause he ain't a robot, but he is so exciting. I can not wait to watch him again.

Look, some of us have been saying all along he was the most talented QB on the roster, only to be questioned and ridiculed before the season when he couldn't move up the depth chart (as we all know now for issues unrelated to football). They same people who crowned Greer the next DT now think that DW is most assuredly the answer.

I hope he is, I really do. But you need to understand that DW's performance against La. Tech's 3rd team was much more impressive than what happened yesterday, because La. Tech's 3rd team is FAR more talented than what we saw yesterday. Not to mention DW was playing with 2nd teamers against La. Tech.

It's just funny that the reactionary folks in here, the same ones that thought the coaching staff could never be wrong about Greer, are the same ones who think DW is the savior.

And DW may be just that, but WE DONT KNOW and won't for another 2 weeks.

I'll remain realistic.

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 1

Look, some of us have been saying all along he was the most talented QB on the roster, only to be questioned and ridiculed before the season when he couldn't move up the depth chart (as we all know now for issues unrelated to football). They same people who crowned Greer the next DT now think that DW is most assuredly the answer.

I hope he is, I really do. But you need to understand that DW's performance against La. Tech's 3rd team was much more impressive than what happened yesterday, because La. Rich's 3rd team is FAR more talented than what we saw yesterday. Not to mention DW was playing with 2nd teamers against La. Tech.

It's just funny that the reactionary folks in here, the sane ones that thought the coaching staff could never be wrong about Greer, are the same ones who think DW is the savior.

I'll remain realistic.

Boo this man again!

BOO HIM LOUDER!!!

for the record, I think 90 is right.

• Upvote 1

I hope he is, I really do. But you need to understand that DW's performance against La. Tech's 3rd team was much more impressive than what happened yesterday, because La. Rich's 3rd team is FAR more talented than what we saw yesterday. Not to mention DW was playing with 2nd teamers against La. Tech.

It's just funny that the reactionary folks in here, the sane ones that thought the coaching staff could never be wrong about Greer, are the same ones who think DW is the savior.

I'll remain realistic.

It's just crazy to talk about "sane" on a sports forum.