What We Might Expect from Dajon

MeanGreenHoops

So I'm one of the few probably that has seen all of Dajon's snaps live. That's because I stay to the end of games even when we are getting throttled (not bragging, just sayin')

Here's what I think you should expect and might be different than what has been said on here.

1. Dajon is not a big running threat. - As I typed that I mean that in relation to what some have been saying. It's not like we are going to have some kind of Oregon zone read offense where the QB is as big as threat to go to the house as anyone else. I also realize it will seem like I'm wrong, because he will be the best running threat we've had there since Riley, and he was pretty good as a runner.
  2. Dajon will be able to make plays on the move with his arm - The big thing I see with his running ability is to make plays with the passing game while moving. He does a great job of keeping his eyes downfield while on the move. So whether it's designed roll-outs or scrambles out of pressure, I expect him to make plenty of good passing plays on the move.
  3. He will make mistakes - I expect him to make plenty of bonehead mistakes. Whether that is busted plays, or throws into a bad spot, the kid is going to make mistakes. He hasn't had a ton of practice or playing time so there will be some head scratchers.

A few thoughts of the top of my noggin'. I'm very excited to see him get a chance.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I've seen his reps, all of them. I'm not a fair weather fan, I stay until 00:00.

Your points are valid. However if given a seam his 4.6/7 speed is fast enough to take it to the house. He's not a barn burner, but fast enough. With that said and what has been said several times his best attributes are his calmness and his ability to manipulate the pocket and throwing on the run if need be. He did run backwards out of the pocket once v La Tech which is a no-no. He will learn to run up into the pocket and power slide/run out of danger with playing time. I think if he is managed properly by the coaching staff in terms of play calling then 6-6 is a lock. 7-5/8-4 is doable. IMHO, Rice is overrated and 9-3 is still a possibility. Upset Indiana, split with utsa/Rice and win the games we are suppose we are sitting at 9-3. Tomorrow is a short-term defining moment for this program.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I've seen his reps, all of them. I'm not a fair weather fan, I stay until 00:00.

Your points are valid. However if given a seam his 4.6/7 speed is fast enough to take it to the house. He's not a barn burner, but fast enough. With that said and what has been said several times his best attributes are his calmness and his ability to manipulate the pocket and throwing on the run if need be. He did run backwards out of the pocket once v La Tech which is a no-no. He will learn to run up into the pocket and power slide/run out of danger with playing time. I think if he is managed properly by the coaching staff in terms of play calling then 6-6 is a lock. 7-5/8-4 is doable. IMHO, Rice is overrated and 9-3 is still a possibility. Upset Indiana, split with utsa/Rice and win the games we are suppose we are sitting at 9-3. Tomorrow is a short-term defining moment for this program.

yeah....i don't know man. We are headed out of a bad camp with a poor offense and changing quarterbacks. I don't think tomorrow really tells us anything...unless we lose...then we will know a lot. I think by the time October 12th rolls around we will know a lot more.

yeah....i don't know man. We are headed out of a bad camp with a poor offense and changing quarterbacks. I don't think tomorrow really tells us anything...unless we lose...then we will know a lot. I think by the time October 12th rolls around we will know a lot more.

I think we all need to realize that DW is the QB because no one else on the roster can play the position at this level very well. The question isn't if DW can save the season, its if DW can be developed into a QB that can play FBS football on a week-to-week basis. This week is the perfect opponent, obviously, but it will still be a struggle beyond this week. I really hope he is mature enoguh to handle this, beyond just hoping he can play a full game and stay healthy.

• Upvote 1

We should be able to win tomorrow, no matter who is the quarterback. Indiana was going to be a very tough game no matter who is the quarterback. There is a reason DW was 3rd string and everyone seems to acknowledge that fact. As a red-shirt freshman, he's going to make mistakes. The only question is how many and how badly will they hurt us.

We will finish somewhere the regular season between 10-2 and 1-11. At this point I have absolutely no idea where in that range!

300+ yards and 59-0

Knowledge of the playbook won't matter. Not against Nicholls State. Talent and ability will. Over the past 15 years or so we've seen a tremendous advancement in the passing game in college football. We haven't really been the direct benefactor for much of that. Also seen the rise of the redshirt freshman qb over the past 10 years or so, culminating with the last two Heisman winners being rs freshman qbs. Again, we haven't been fortunate to benefit from that either. I think the time for that is now. Defense also notches its first shutout at Apogee in a bounce-back game with a lot of pride on display.

If that doesn't happen, not the end of the world. But it's 2014 and I think it's time we experience some of what the rest of the college football world has in recent years.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 2

300+ yards and 59-0

Knowledge of the playbook won't matter. Not against Nicholls State. Talent and ability will. Over the past 15 years or so we've seen a tremendous advancement in the passing game in college football. We haven't really been the direct benefactor for much of that. Also seen the rise of the redshirt freshman qb over the past 10 years or so, culminating with the last two Heisman winners being rs freshman qbs. Again, we haven't been fortunate to benefit from that either. I think the time for that is now. Defense also notches its first shutout at Apogee in a bounce-back game with a lot of pride on display.

If that doesn't happen, not the end of the world. But it's 2014 and I think it's time we experience some of what the rest of the college football world has in recent years.

Yes.

I always stay until they turn out the lights and force me from the stadium!!!

Suck on that, crappy fan.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1