UNT to purchase Sack N Save property

C Vo

Between this (I'm assuming they'll tear it down) and the 35 expansion project consuming the Exxon/McDonalds/IHOP around Avenue D, the entry to campus is going to look MUCH different in the very near future.

Dang, I didn't know the Exxon/McDonald's/IHOP are going away. It's going to look very different.

IHOP is safe. Pancho's, Taco C, etc are also going away.

We really could use a more beautiful entrance than a run down grocery store that smells like cat piss. I'm excited.

Indeed! With our quarterback situation and our "above the rest for thousands less"....SACK and SAVE was hitting a little too close to home. Let's spruce up that entrance fast!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Not my grocery store of choice (I worked for three years at the Albertsons on University - so I was partial to it), even when I lived just a few blocks from there. But it was a great emergency type of place to get food in a pinch.

RIP

Edited by CMJ

Not my grocery store of choice (I worked for three years at the Albertsons on University - so I was partial to it), even when I lived just a few blocks from there. But it was a great emergency type of place to get food in a pinch.

RIP

BIH, P.

Wanted to beat Tasty to it, for a change.

• Upvote 2

IHOP is safe. Pancho's, Taco C, etc are also going away.

We really could use a more beautiful entrance than a run down grocery store that smells like cat piss. I'm excited.

You sure? Take a look at the I35 project plans for that area. The proposed boundary (Pink line is proposed Right of Way. Green is existing ROW) is right up against the building. I don't think that can be sustained. Pancho's looks like they may be able to pull it off, but if you saw somewhere else, please link (I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it gone). Taco C is definitely a goner... and that hits home a little because that's where I first met my wife. Also, OGS's favorite motel appears to be affected.

http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/dal/i35e/rfp/row_middle_segment/ih35e_north_row_sht3_20130806.pdf

Ru6HsW2.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 2

It sounds lie they will use the existing structure for office space while construction is ongoing on I35 and then tear it down after that construction is complete, at least that is what I got from that article.

Was just about to say that. It seems like it will remain until the highway construction is completed and then will be removed in favor of something yet to be determined.