Prediction: UNT will roll past Nicholls State

Harry

On the line: North Texas has finally gotten to the point as an athletic program where it is following the plan of buying in an opponent for what amounts to a sure win on an annual basis. UNT brought in Texas Southern in 2012 and paid $410,000 to buy in Idaho last year. That move paid off when UNT won its season opener over the Vandals and built some confidence that paid off in a nine-win season. UNT will bring in Nicholls State this week in another well-timed game.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/09/predication-unt-will-roll-past-nicholls-state-as-excitement-about-new-qb-builds.html/

Regardless of the score, assuming we win of course, playing well in all three phases of the game is a must. Getting out of Saturday on a positive offensive note will be extremely important too. They've put the Defense and Special Teams in some difficult situations. Get the ball moving and the rest will fall into place. If we dominate all phases the score will reflect the game. My two cents anyway...

It feels good that we aren't always the one being put in the body bag.

Edited by UNTexas

13k is not out of the realm of possibility and that's concerning in it's own right. 36.2k students and MAYBE a 1/4 of them care. Has the athletic/marketing program ever though about setting up a UNT football player booth the Friday before home games with just 3-5 senior players or the captains. Get student attention on campus..give students a chance to talk to the players...raise the interest among the students. I think it would pay dividends with the student body to actually see the players take interest in the students. Connecting on a personal level for even 10 seconds creates fans. Just good for thought.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

13k is not out of the realm of possibility and that's concerning in it's own right. 36.2k students and MAYBE a 1/4 of them care. Has the athletic/marketing program ever though about setting up a UNT football player booth the Friday before home games with just 3-5 senior players or the captains. Get student attention on campus..give students a chance to talk to the players...raise the interest among the students. I think it would pay dividends with the student body to actually see the players take interest in the students. Connecting on a personal level for even 10 seconds creates fans. Just good for thought.

We are not very good at promotion which is ironic since RV was the originator of UNT promotion...err uh...North Texas promotion...giving out free t-shirts and such. Recently, not alot and pretty lame season opening events except for the upper crust. I'm with you...make it exciting, promote huge, and we will pack the house.

13k? Have our expectations really dropped that low? This place is more sad than a funeral home.

Well, last year, in the 4th week of the season, we played an afternoon home game against Ball State, who was undefeated, and we announced a crowd of 14k. I would assume a really bad FCS team will cost us about a thousand in announced attendance. I guess we will see...

Well, last year, in the 4th week of the season, we played an afternoon home game against Ball State, who was undefeated, and we announced a crowd of 14k. I would assume a really bad FCS team will cost us about a thousand in announced attendance. I guess we will see...

Predict that " announced" will not accurately equate to actual which will be 11-12K of which 7,500 will be students. Denton eggheads go to Oktoberfest unaware that a game was actually happening on Sat. Some things NEVER change, Denton being the sorriest sports town in America being one of those!!!

• Downvote 1

Predict that " announced" will not accurately equate to actual which will be 11-12K of which 7,500 will be students. Denton eggheads go to Oktoberfest unaware that a game was actually happening on Sat. Some things NEVER change, Denton being the sorriest sports town in America being one of those!!!

lol you called it Oktoberfest. It's mid September genius.

• Downvote 1

We are not very good at promotion which is ironic since RV was the originator of UNT promotion...err uh...North Texas promotion...giving out free t-shirts and such. Recently, not alot and pretty lame season opening events except for the upper crust. I'm with you...make it exciting, promote huge, and we will pack the house.

Emmitt's initials are RV?

Anyway, Arkansas beat the Colonels by 66 points, and Air Force beat them by 28. So I'm expecting a win by at least 40 to put us in between those two teams, which is around where I expect us to be through the rest of the season.