MGB video: Canales talks about Williams, UNT's offense

Brett Vito

Canales sounds hesitant or not happy about the decision? Do you guys agree?

Canales sounds hesitant or not happy about the decision? Do you guys agree?

personally knowing Canales and I KNOW that is a oh... SH!T look. With that being said.. I do feel DW bring the best QB play to the table. What are we losing trying him at the start instead of the 4th in mop up duty?

Edited by Denton'Merica
  • Upvote 1

Just spoke to a guy in my class that is good friends with John Chelf. According to Chelf, Dajon is fairly clueless as far as the playbook goes, but they didn't run the ball once in practice. Literally threw it the entire time. So that should be interesting to see how that works out.

I doubt that the player meant his off-the-cuff remarks about a teammate to be posted on GMG. In my opinion this post was inappropriate.

Edited by GTWT
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I wonder if the play calling will be very simple on Saturday so DW is not overwhelmed.

Thankfully, simple is all that is needed against Nicholls State. The problems of him not bothering to learn the playbook will arise during the games that follow Nicholls State.

Whatever the case, looks like the QB race will be wide open again next spring. Hopefully, they'll sign another JUCO to compete and another prep to groom. There are already many bodies there, but none seem to be worth much in the way of actually playing college-level football.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In the highlight tape he looks like he has great instincts and throws a great deep ball. His speed is not as good as I had thought based on the comments about dual threat on this board. Most of his runs everyone just seems to be jogging, even the defense.

Thank you. People are making Dajon out to be the next coming of Michael Vick (in the good sense), and he's . . . just not. His athleticism/foot speed is obviously miles ahead of Greer and probably ahead of McNulty as well, but that sweet ball he throws is really his best asset.

Thank you. People are making Dajon out to be the next coming of Michael Vick (in the good sense), and he's . . . just not. His athleticism/foot speed is obviously miles ahead of Greer and probably ahead of McNulty as well, but that sweet ball he throws is really his best asset.

The dude palms the college ball like it's a freakin baseball. He has some mits, for sure.

Riley and Vizza might have been some of the best on-the-run throwers I've seen, and I wonder if DW is even better.

In the highlight tape he looks like he has great instincts and throws a great deep ball. His speed is not as good as I had thought based on the comments about dual threat on this board. Most of his runs everyone just seems to be jogging, even the defense.

to me Vince Young looked like he was always jogging too. Maybe that's how really tall athletes look like when they run...I'm short, round, and nonathletic so I can't speak from experience.

• Upvote 2

2012 Texas Football that included him in their Texas Top 300 list and in their team preview which mentioned Dajon Williams (6-4, 190 4.5) and said, "No player could prove more pivotal than QB Williams (2,162 yards, 30 TD's passing), a dual-threat who lead the Cougars to 41.3 points a game".

Interesting. Other sources showed him slower than that. Of course, who knows which of them is accurate, if any?