MGB video: Canales talks about Williams, UNT's offense

Brett Vito

I got the same impression from watching the clip. Canales looked tired and not that excited about the decision. I'm sure this is also pride swallowing since he is now having to go to the 3rd stringer when he possibly made the wrong decision going into this year. I'm sure its a combination of all of this. Winning solves everything and i'm praying this will be the case for the future for him and this team.

"It'll be interesting to see..." Uhh that is fan talk, not coach talk. I hope he doesn't go into his game preparation and more importantly in-game play calling with the mentality of "I told you so."

I watched that clip a couple times looking for this quote. All I caught was "it's going to be exciting to see what he can do." And at the end he ends it with "it'll be an exciting time." That sounds pretty positive to me.

No, I don't think so. To me, Canales comes across as someone used to talking to a reporter but not to a camera.

I agree. He might look a little tired but that could be because he's doing an interview after finishing up something like a practice or something.

Edited by FireFightnJoey
  • Upvote 1

I met one of our starting receivers at a restaurant right after the smu game. He said the same as MGNation92 just said... he doesn't know the playbook all that well and that he is a real quiet guy, not as vocal as he would like to see him. With this said... This receiver did say that he is the best athlete of them all. He also commented that if he and DW were ever in the game together it will be a guaranteed TD, every time. And after last week I would say he is correct!!! Hopefully he will be more focused on the playbook since he is starting now and he may become more vocal.. I'm just glad we have someone that can run and throw back there... REGARDLESS, if he does know the playbook or not that well, he can obviously throw better and if he does get in trouble he can run!! Excited to see him Saturday

Just spoke to a guy in my class that is good friends with John Chelf. According to Chelf, Dajon is fairly clueless as far as the playbook goes, but they didn't run the ball once in practice. Literally threw it the entire time. So that should be interesting to see how that works out.

I bet Chelf is bitter that McNulty didn't get te job.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1