President Smatresk's State of the University Speech

Christopher Walker

President Neal Smatresk presents his inaugural UNT State of the University Speech today at the Murchision Performing Arts Center at 3 PM.

http://president.unt.edu/state-university-2014

If you can't make it, the whole event will be live-streamed; either on the linked page or below:

Smatresk is very candid and personable. My old boss who's running the live-stream today informed me he'll probably be out in the crowd during the speech. I'm really interested in hearing how he addresses the financial hits UNT took at the on-set of this calendar year.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Will he apologize for the cheap Chinese factory grade plastic used for the license plate frames?

I just got my UNT Alumni Association Life Member plate frame. There is a screw hole that right over the T on UNT. Almost makes it unreadable. 3 days later I got my MGC plate frame. EXTREMELY CHEAP. I'm starting a license plate frame collection in my garage.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I just watched the entire presentation. He didn't mention DW ... nor uniforms ... nor baseball ... nor helmet stickers! Obviously, our new President knows nothing about what the students, alumni, and fans are dedicated to!

Just kidding ... actually, he did mention the bowl win and at the end Coach Mac and RV both had speaking parts. In fact, RV had the last words on the last video. I have no idea what's happening internally but from the outside it looks like UNT hit a home run with our new President.

• Upvote 3