Harry

What is wrong with you? Do you mean his girlfriend? Why do you believe he hasn't stepped up to or for that?

These are the points at which I got to remember that this is just a forum board, and that its poster can't really be this douchey in real life, right?

so, what in the article supports what you've written?

The following..you did read it right?

UNT opened up the competition for the starting job beginning in spring practice and didn’t settle on a quarterback Aug. 25, just five days before opening the season at Texas.

Williams had long since dropped out of the competition at that point.

He didn’t do the things he should have during voluntary workouts over the summer, which was workout, throw and take care of yourself,” McCarney said. “The two major scrimmages we had in fall camp — he didn’t take one snap. Now he is figuring it out.”

Williams became a father the week of UNT’s game against Texas. Time commitments related to the birth of his daughter put him further behind.

So, DW didn't produce during camp and becoming a father (I didn't know if he was married or had a girlfriend; hence, "mate") put him further behind. So, the point being he didn't produce during camp to the point that they didn't play him in scrimmages and Mac had taken him out of the competition....until Greer struggled in the first couple of games...then he was forced, basically, to give him another try. You read the same thing right?

• Upvote 1

The following..you did read it right?

So, DW didn't produce during camp and becoming a father (I didn't know if he was married or had a girlfriend; hence, "mate") put him further behind. So, the point being he didn't produce during camp to the point that they didn't play him in scrimmages and Mac had taken him out of the competition....until Greer struggled in the first couple of games...then he was forced, basically, to give him another try. You read the same thing right?

It was kinda looking like you were accusing DW of hittin'it & quittin'it, and running out on his baby.

• Upvote 2

I'm sure this article is mentioned on the board, but it's interesting to hear that DW's "mate" had a kid recently and he seemed to have not stepped up, at all. I think he is being brought into this situation with caution and only because greer couldn't get it done. http://www.dentonrc.com/sports/sports-headlines/20140915-pass-the-dajon-unt-names-williams-starting-qb-with-hopes-of-rejuvenated-offense.ece

What next?

Oh....I see how that could have been read that way. No, I don't know about all of that...I just know he didn't step up...in camp. I have no idea how he is as a father, although I can give him a few pointers (tips, not bird dogs) if needed.