New Uniform Idea

MeanGreen01

Watching TCU game and their uniforms and helmets look awesome. I love our black uniforms and these are like our black ones just reversed. If we reversed our black uniforms, so it would be green uniforms with black sleeves, black, gray, or green carbon fiber numbers, black pants, and green chrome or carbon fiber helmets..... We would look freaking awesome. Our colors are actually the best and we could do so much with them.

I wish we would wear green pants with some black on them when we wear our black uniforms. To break it up a little. We still look good, but would like to see an added combo.

Here is TCU today:

https://www.facebook.com/TCUFootball/photos/a.180387381975994.49230.161980173816715/930608036953921/?type=1&permPage=1

https://www.facebook.com/TCUFootball/photos/a.180387381975994.49230.161980173816715/930645136950211/?type=1

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 3

I think this would look great and I'm a big fan of the new age look too! This actually does relate to QB play and all other positions actually. Today's youth want to play somewhere they have nice things to wear, where they play on national tv and in front of their family and friends. If it wasn't a big deal then why is almost every university doing it! Believe it or not but Oregon's program used to be one of the worse football teams in the country. Fast forward 6-8 years later with all the Nike support and they are ranked #2 in the country right now!! Many top kids from Texas go all the way to Oregon to play ball!

Not saying we have to be Oregon but lets not kid ourselves, they are doing something right! We all saw how excited our guys were last year when they introduced the black jerseys for the Rice game!! They came out excited, played with enthusiasm, and kicked some Owl tail! The uniforms are for the kids. We recruit top kids and sell them on why its fun and exciting to play at NT. With their help they can make a difference in Mean Green football and they will look good doing it! Like the videos this year that showed each of the new recruits with a NT jersey on with their name on it! It's not the most important thing but it's a piece of the winning puzzle or formula!

Edited by GoNTMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

I think this would look great and I'm a big fan of the new age look too! This actually does relate to QB play and all other positions actually. Today's youth want to play somewhere they have nice things to wear, where they play on national tv and in front of their family and friends. If it wasn't a big deal then why is almost every university doing it! Believe it or not but Oregon's program used to be one of the worse football teams in the country. Fast forward 6-8 years later with all the Nike support and they are ranked #2 in the country right now!! Many top kids from Texas go all the way to Oregon to play ball!

Not saying we have to be Oregon but lets not kid ourselves, they are doing something right! We all saw how excited our guys were last year when they introduced the black jerseys for the Rice game!! They came out excited, played with enthusiasm, and kicked some Owl tail! The uniforms are for the kids. We recruit top kids and sell them on why its fun and exciting to play at NT. With their help they can make a difference in Mean Green football and they will look good doing it! Like the videos this year that showed each of the new recruits with a NT jersey on with their name on it! It's not the most important thing but it's a piece of the winning puzzle or formula!

totally agree...we can do better.

• Upvote 1

I agree that there are more pressing issues than uniforms, but how many DW threads can we beat to death?

As far as tricked up uniforms go those aren't bad 3XL, but I sure hope nothing like that ever sees the playing field. No offense to you, I just prefer to pick a uniform and stick with it. in addition to the fact that I don't like them, it seems like a waste of money to have so many uniforms and helmets.

Since there are two of us in this thread with differing veiws who think we're in the minority, which is it? Do most of you prefer to have a traditional uniform or a "new age" uniform?

I agree that there are more pressing issues than uniforms, but how many DW threads can we beat to death?

As far as tricked up uniforms go those aren't bad 3XL, but I sure hope nothing like that ever sees the playing field. No offense to you, I just prefer to pick a uniform and stick with it. in addition to the fact that I don't like them, it seems like a waste of money to have so many uniforms and helmets.

Since there are two of us in this thread with differing veiws who think we're in the minority, which is it? Do most of you prefer to have a traditional uniform or a "new age" uniform?

Both. I guess you didn't like when we came out with our new black uniforms!? Wasn't exciting for any of us or the players?! I guess we should just never wear those and stick to our 2 "traditional" uniforms from now on. Looks average and is very much like our play on the field. Why not strive to be the best we can be in every phase of the game. You look at teams like UTSA and etc., they seem to want to be the best and is always striving to be and do better! "Don't be good, be great". I very much believe in excitement around the program. Is this program serious about being the best or just being average?!

• Upvote 1

I almost posted that I don't mind the occasional "special" uniform. I just don't like the different uniform each week. Doesn't make it right or wrong, just my opinion.

I actually like the black uniforms. Helmets were ok, but I'd prefer just a black helmet with the green SOW. The main thing for me is to stick to the school colors. Baylor, Oregon, Texas Tech, Okla St., and others sometimes wear uniforms that don't even have their school colors. There's just a point of it becoming "look how differnt and wild our uniforms are."

I admittedly haven't kept close tabs on UTSA, but I'm unaware of them wearing different uniforms every game. They've had the same helmets every time I've seen them, but that's not saying much.

Having said all that, I haven't seen near as many tricked up uniforms so far this year.

I don't really understand your last point. So you're saying if you don't wear tricked up uniforms you're not serious about being the best?

I've actually been watching quite a bit. Maybe I'm just watching good programs who don't need to trick up their uniforms.

Or maybe we just have different opinions on what constitutes a tricked up uniform. I watched UTSA vs Houston and I agree that they looked sharp. To me there is a big differnce between Baylor shiny gold helmets and what UTSA or UNT has worn.

Edited by NT93