The Alumni

Green P1

Lower ticket prices

Ticket specials

Promote the next game more in stadium

Give away tickets to schools (w/coupon for $10 adult tickets)

Give tickets away with chicken buckets if you have to

Giveaways at the door

Improve the in-stadium atmosphere (too much dead air, too much fly like an eagle)

Recruit a QB who can pass the damn ball

But hey, I do like having cell service here so I can bitch

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Why do they need to? I'm here. ...and I'm calling bullshit. I an email once a day from the MGC or athletic department. At least. What do they need to do? Personal invitation?

I am a member of the MGC and a season ticket holder. I never get emails.

• Upvote 3

Scheduling is why and 9 years of losing. Thursday night games do not attend well, and 5 days after the last home game makes it even worse. Also remember the Alumni side is much bigger than the student side. There are enough students to more than fill the entire stadium anyway.

How about some advertising? Maybe something on the sports talk radio stations? Ads in the Dallas News and on dallasnews.com. I think that's one thing that got people to the HOD game. There were ads in the paper promoting the game for a few weeks leading up to the game.

You have to do whatever it takes to fill the stands when the game is on national TV. $10 tickets, $5 tickets, free tickets. Who cares just get people in the stadium and hopefully make a little on them at the concession stand. If people are sitting at home watching the game and see a packed stadium they are more likely to come to a future game and check it out for themselves. When they see a half empty stadium, they're not coming to a future game...period.

• Upvote 3

Marketing is Gawd awful. People laugh at my billboard conspiracy, but it works. A nicely designed billboard does wonders. Not getting our face bashed in by a 4-8 football programs helps too though. There are 36K students, promotion to them has to be number one priority. They are the future and whatever needs to be done to get them into that stadium needs to happen. Wrap the students around into the wing and into the alum side if they have to. Make it a priority to get them there. Our marketing department is as bad as our O was tonight. Point the finger in the direction it needs to be pointed, they do little to nothing. Sending out 2K emails to the same 2K people weekly is doing nothing. You can actually have that set up on auto send each and every week for all 52 weeks. Its a joke.

• Upvote 1