$mut's new coach says they "hit bottom" last Saturday

NT80

“I told them we’ve hit the bottom,” said Mason, in his seventh season as defensive coordinator until Jones resigned Monday citing personal issues. “You can’t get any lower than what happened last Saturday, so we’ve got nowhere to go but up."

What a moron, they have PLENTY lower to go. Their starting QB against UNT is out for the season and the backup was injured too. They host A$M next Saturday, that could be 80-0.
Follow that with TCU and at East Carolina. They have a LOT further to FALL this fall. icon_mrgreen.gif

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com ... tact.html/
Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Common sense tells me that starting a season 0-6 is even closer to the bottom than starting a season 0-2.

But I don't know. I'm receiving my education from UNT so maybe I don't undertand how the world works. ;)

Losing to UNT establishes a lower minimum as it is now guaranteed to go 0-6.

Your UNT education isn't failing you, it's just two ways to say the same thing. At this

point losses to TCU and A$M don't dip any lower.

SMU- The program the American Athletic Conference had to invite.

I was thinking about that conference as a whole today. Seems like a lot of the teams are really struggling. I wonder if the travel has really hit their wallets and their fatigue harder than they anticipated, especially now that there's no BCS money to reduce the sting.

Your UNT education isn't failing you, it's just two ways to say the same thing. At this

The way most of your alums think, Saturday was the lowest point in the history of the program, because, gasp, SMU got blown out by UNT.

What they don't realize is that they would get blown out by WKU, LaLa, La. Tech, Ark St. And just about every other team in CUSA and the Sun Belt.

They have a SWC appetite with Sun Belt talent. Very delusional.

• Upvote 1

The way most of your alums think, Saturday was the lowest point in the history of the program, because, gasp, SMU got blown out by UNT.

What they don't realize is that they would get blown out by WKU, LaLa, La. Tech, Ark St. And just about every other team in CUSA and the Sun Belt.

They have a SWC appetite with Sun Belt talent. Very delusional.

Game, point, match!!!

• Upvote 1

They have a SWC appetite with Sun Belt Southland football conference talent. Very delusional.

They get killed by any Sun Bet team. Might have a shot against McNeese State or Stephen F. Austin. But neither of those are more than 50 percent.

SMUT:

noun

a particle of soot; sooty matter.
a black or dirty mark; smudge.
indecent language or publications; obscenity.
Plant Pathology.
  1. a disease of plants, especially cereal grasses, characterized by the conversion of affected parts into black, powdery masses of spores, caused by fungi of the order Ustilaginales.
  2. a fungus causing this disease.

Just to be clear, which of these are you calling us? I don't get the SMUT calling other than being lazy and adding a T.

I already say SMOO/$MU too so I'd like to add this to my vernacular with the appropriate meaning. :D

Edited by malonish

Don't kid yourself. smu is pretty much guaranteed to go 0-12. If you don't beat TCU, who in the hell are you going to beat? I realize that there are some downright awful teams in the AAC, but I am not sure smu is in a position to beat any of them now without their coach and starting QB.