Alumni Pavilion

bstnsportsfan3

Walker, explain to me a little about alumi pavilion, still haven't been. Graduated in '13 it looks to official for me up there. What do I need to get in??

Sure! The Pavilion can feel initially "grown up" and reserved, but it's really as fun as anything else. We have a nice event space with clean bathrooms, three TVs with games on (better when on Saturdays and not at 11 AM), and a nice patio. When it's hot, we throw on the misters. When it's cold, we huddle up inside.

Metzler's provides your standard beer and wine fare and the Student Alumni Association runs our grill with...

Uhhh...what?

Syracuse sausages. It's, it's a brand of sausages. Did that make sense? Not necessarily the homoerotic track I bet you landed on.

Anyway, it's fun. If you're a member of the Alumni Association, it's free and you can have a few guests. If you're not and would like to be, yearly dues are fairly cheap ($40/year, $50/couple, and so forth) with option to re-up through lifetime memberships provided by our staff at the door.

You should come by and see me; I'm fairly easy to spot.

Syracuse sausages. It's, it's a brand of sausages. Did that make sense? Not necessarily the homoerotic track I bet you landed on.

As I'd never heard of the brand and am not up on my sausage lore, I thought maybe it was some sort of sausage aficionado lingo, or perhaps Syracuse was known for its sausages or something. Were you hoping for more homoeroticism? I bet we could come up with something. Growl.

But do you know where the Ataris got that from?

Ironically, yes.

As I'd never heard of the brand and am not up on my sausage lore, I thought maybe it was some sort of sausage aficionado lingo, or perhaps Syracuse was known for its sausages or something. Were you hoping for more homoeroticism? I bet we could come up with something. Growl.

Ironically, yes.

Syracuse sausage is made locally in Ponder by a couple brothers from upstate New York. It's the most legit sausage you're gonna get in the area. We do a jalapeno cheddar sausage from them at our tailgate. They make ruh-heally good mild and hot italian sausage that are available at the butcher counter of every area Tom Thumb I've been to. My favorite, which I buy up in its entirety whenever I see it, is their Andouille. I know, weird that a couple wise guys who favor track suits could make a cajun favorite, but that stuff is delicious.