UNT QB

GreenTexan13

I am not sure if this has been discussed after the SMwho beat down. But do y'all think Josh Greer has redeemed himself after this weekend. Yes we played a terrible team, but I have high hopes for the guy. I knew after the Texas game that he still need to be given another chance. Yes, he had a lot of simple hand offs over throwing in the game. But when he did throw, it was a little more on target then week one. I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this.

I will note that I want to see how he plays vs LA Tech though. just to gather more insight on his skill and how he'll handle the pressure of a more aggressive team again.

• Upvote 1

Meh. One of the passes looked like. well.... let's just say the spiral wasn't that tight. :rolleyes:

However, the ball got to where it was intended and not to the dudes wearing blue and red. So that's the important part.

Greer looked terrible.

Thankfully, there were some times where his receivers bailed him out on poor throws... Other times where his O-line gave him a ton of time to check.

He definitely needs to step up.

I wish they would have let Dajon throw during his time in the game. We all know he can scramble and hand the ball off.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

Greer clearly improved as the game went on. I think he is closer to wrapping up the starter position but I don't think he is there yet. The Texas game is not quite forgotten (forgiven?) yet. I think he still has a medium short leash as in two big mistakes and your taking a break. Somehow neither the UT nor the SMU game were really good measuring sticks. La Tech should really tell us a lot more.

McNulty seems not really much better, and for all the hype about DW and his smootheness etc, I have not really seen him passing a lot of balls either up to now.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Lots of good input guys. I honestly think he is not throwing high, but low now. There was a a couple throws I saw where the player catching had to scoop it up from their knee area. I think he's still our candidate, I just want to add that he needs a little work. And I'm hoping LA Tech and Nicholls sets the tone for him.

Edited by GreenTexan13

I thought the swing pass to Kidsey (30' into the YouTube highlights) looked really sharp. He could have led him a little bit more instead of throwing a little high, but compared to the ducks the rest of the game it was pretty. That and the called-back-TD throw were his two best throws off the top of my head.

He had a slow release a faster defense would have eaten him alive.

As it was we were forced to into 5 field goals even when special teams and the defense gave the offense great starting positions.

Plenty to worry about on the offense.

No worse than Thompson his junior year. He just needs time to settle down.

How much time?

4 games? 5?

He has 2 full ganes under his belt. If he hasn't settled down by now, odds are really good that he never will.

First series against UT? Ok. Hell, the whole first quarter against UT? Somewhat understandable. 2 games?

Please.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Greer has a great attitude and may be able to be a leader but he does not have the attributes needed to be a good QB yet. I still want to see Dajon get more touches out there. Greer has no velocity in the ball and little to no accuracy. Speed is also questionable. I am sure in time he can get it together but until then hoping we play the better QB (Dajon).

Greer's on a short leash. There's a reason why MiniMac came in the early second half. Greer needs ALL the snaps he can get right now and if he were the undisputed #1, I'd expect McNulty wouldn't have cone in until later in the 4th. We will see MiniMac again during meaningful play...

Greer's on a short leash. There's a reason why MiniMac came in the early second half. Greer needs ALL the snaps he can get right now and if he were the undisputed #1, I'd expect McNulty wouldn't have cone in until later in the 4th. We will see MiniMac again during meaningful play...

I hope not. He is even worse than Greer :/

How much time?

4 games? 5?

He has 2 full ganes under his belt. If he hasn't settled down by now, odds are really good that he never will.

First series against UT? Ok. Hell, the whole first quarter against UT? Somewhat understandable. 2 games?

Please.

We're hoping he turns out to be as good as Thompson ... and that's kinda sad.

Vito's post game blog made it sound like Greer did great and won the job. However, in today media conference, Mac said anything but that. Greer did better but it's not nearly where the passing game needs to be. Mac sounded like he would make changes of Greer doesn't continue improving.

DW went in with the North Texas 3's and 4's to do mop up work on a totally beat down $MU team. That is it. That is all DW will have,

is mop up work assignments. And that is being generous for playing time.

If you do not like JG, then go to the man directly, Coach Mac, and Coach Canales, to vent your opinions on JG, instead of making degrading

statements about JG here on GMG.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4