Be at Rudy's BBQ Monday Evening for Coach Mac Show

ADLER

Please, if possible, make the time to attend the Coach Dan McCarney Radio Show at Rudy's Diner at 6;45 Monday evening. Show the coaching staff, the team members, and even our fiercely loyal broadcasting crew your gratitude for the recent 43-6 stomping of the SMU Mustangs at Apogee stadium.

The radio show broadcasting begins at 7:00 and can be listened on KNTU 88.1 or the KNTU web site.

Coach McCarney and players will be present for on-air interviews. The victory over SMU will be discussed as well as a preview for this week's game Thursday night against one of our Conference USA rivals, the La Tech Bulldogs.

Beer, soft drinks, and BBQ plates are available, and a barbecue buffet with drink is provided for $7.99

Rudy's Country Store and B-B-Q ( I-35 and Teasley Rd )

520 South I-35 E, Denton, Texas 76205

(940) 484-7839

Rudy%27sSign.JPG

• Upvote 4

7:00?

It's best if you arrive there around 6:30 if you are getting dinner.

DENTON - The Dan McCarney Radio Show airs Monday night from 7-8 p.m. from Rudy's BBQ in Denton. The show can be heard on the Mean Green Radio Network, KHYI 95.3 FM, KNTU 88.1 FM or KGAF 1580 AM as George Dunham, Hank Dickenson and Steven Bartolotta visit with North Texas head coach Dan McCarney about Saturday's victory over SMU and this Thursday night's game against Louisiana Tech.

Rudy's BBQ is located at 520 S. I-35E and food and drink specials will be offered beginning at 6:30 p.m. The show will air live every Monday night throughout the football season. Trivia questions and prizes will be part of the hour-long show along with a live microphone for fans to ask questions of Coach McCarney.

It's best if you arrive there around 6:30 if you are getting dinner.

DENTON - The Dan McCarney Radio Show airs Monday night from 7-8 p.m. from Rudy's BBQ in Denton. The show can be heard on the Mean Green Radio Network, KHYI 95.3 FM, KNTU 88.1 FM or KGAF 1580 AM as George Dunham, Hank Dickenson and Steven Bartolotta visit with North Texas head coach Dan McCarney about Saturday's victory over SMU and this Thursday night's game against Louisiana Tech.

Rudy's BBQ is located at 520 S. I-35E and food and drink specials will be offered beginning at 6:30 p.m. The show will air live every Monday night throughout the football season. Trivia questions and prizes will be part of the hour-long show along with a live microphone for fans to ask questions of Coach McCarney.

7:00?

That is when the show begins but I always aim to get there around 6:30 to get the best seats. There were several times last season where we filled the main dining room late in the season. I expect we'll start doing that earlier in the season if the team stays on track for another really good season (7 or more wins).

That is when the show begins but I always aim to get there around 6:30 to get the best seats. There were several times last season where we filled the main dining room late in the season. I expect we'll start doing that earlier in the season if the team stays on track for another really good season (7 or more wins).

• Upvote 1

Just said LATech is much improved, LATECH new qb is helping them and dixon is averaging 8.1 yards a carry. Said the LaTech game was not close as the score indicated in ULL game.

Wants to cut down on the penalties but not take the aggressiveness from the defense. Said there were questionable calls in the game by the refs. Talked about playing a lot of players and that our qb can improve and said a few nice things about dw. We need to improve on the punt return and kickoff return team. Said Harris is dangerous when he gets free. It was my first time to go to one of these and seemed like a decent turn out.

He spoke highly of June Jones and felt for the families of the coaches and the players. He showed real class when talking about the situation.

• Upvote 2

Biggest crowd yet for the Coach Mac Show. Greenjoe and Parks and Rec Rick stole the show! Greenjoe presented George with a "Russia State" T-Shirt and ParksandRec Rick presented George with a "The Rant" plaque! Thanks to both of these guts for their creative work...great stuff!

Thanks to all who took time to come tonight in support of a Coach Mac and the Mean Green!

Really fun show tonight..Mac was definitely "on" tonight and fired up for the LaTech game. Said LaTech was much improved from last year...great new QB and a much improved running game. No pads for our guts at practice this week.

Mac indicated that this was "Wednesday" as far as practice and game prep was concerned...with five of five on FG's our freshman kicker, Trevor Moore, was named CUSA special teams player of the week.

Thursday night is sunglasses night....students will be given sunglasses to wear...Hank encouraged the alums and fans to follow suit Thursday night. Hank indicated that beer sales went Very well and that they had tweeted a couple of things this week to help with the wait times. Coach Mac praised the student turnout and "encouraged" the alums and fans to match the students for Thursday night.

It was Coach Simmonds who collected the sideline penalty Saturday...I think Mac has gotten over that now! :-). But, he was not pleased with the number of penalties Saturday. He did say several were due to the team's aggressive play and he does not want to temper the aggressive play...just wants the team to play smarter...not less aggressive.

Mac had to leave early to get to practice. John Nitardy, new head of the Mean Green Club, took over after Mac left. He mentioned how great the Apogee atmosphere was Saturday and he also mentioned the nice student turnout.

Really fun show tonight...thanks again for all who made the effort to come out in support. See you Thursday as the Mean Green whip up on LaTech. Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

Biggest crowd yet for the Coach Mac Show. Greenjoe and Parks and Rec Rick stole the show! Greenjoe presented George with a "Russia State" T-Shirt and ParksandRec Rick presented George with a "The Rant" plaque! Thanks to both of these guts for their creative work...great stuff!

Ha! I want pictures of those.

Aside from Jub's comment about Russia St. to Mac, to which he seemingly had no reaction, this really felt like Mac was the most 'loose' on any show I've heard.

maybe it was because he had practice the next day, but he just really let fly with some slightly more forward comments then usual... I appreciated it...

not as much 'Mac Speak'

Ha! I want pictures of those.

I took 2 pictures of George, Greenjoe and the t-shirt. I sent them to Greenjoe and he said I could post them. I don't know how and can't seem to figure it out.

I took 2 pictures of George, Greenjoe and the t-shirt. I sent them to Greenjoe and he said I could post them. I don't know how and can't seem to figure it out.

Go to http://www.imgur.com

Click on Upload Images

CfMnfQa.png

Drag & Drop your pictures

afc3TWQ.png

Click Start Upload

0NAUSnw.png

Copy and paste the yellow highlighted text into your post

vjx861n.png