Post-game Thoughts anyone?

coachMULLINS

The obvious:

Big confidence win.

Our defense and the calls are LEGIT!

Our run game is pretty solid.

Our Spec. Teams are pretty solid.

Passing game improved and needs to continue to do so for the run game to be LEGIT!

Punt return unit needs to improve if our defense is LEGIT!

3rd down efficiency needs improvement.

Cut down on stupid penalties.

UNT Canon Crew needs to be prepared with back up fire power in case of unexpected extra scoring. Come on! :)

SMU is really terrible this season, good luck with the Aggies next week!

How many stadium beer fueled murders happened in the stands?

I thought it was funny as hell when the SMU band started playing, and the Mean Green Brigade just stood up and outplayed them

Call it what you will, a good old fashioned ass kicking, a shellacking, taking those penny loafer wearing trust babies out behind the woodshed, this victory is just as sweet by any name.

Greer hardly lit the joint up, but he looked like he was easing into the role. Recall that Derrick Thompson wasn't completing much of anything until about the LA Tech game last year.

I was really, really, really happy for George Dunham.

I hope to all things holy and dire that should I ever meet Skladany in a dark alley that I'm wearing some sort of identifying green clothing. That guy kinda frightens me.

Watching SMU play today was like watching Todd Dodge, but in reverse, and at the price of $2 million for the popped collar college football payroll crowd.

I might have thrown a few involuntary middle fingers at the opposing sideline today. I'm sure they didn't see me, but a few of the less uninhibited people around me sure did.

The cheese cake was delicious.

Hypnotic Donuts near the square is legit.

The young alumni section was fantastic. Big props to John Williams on that one.

More big props to John Williams for the kickass Safeway Bowl shirts.

It's not even four o'clock yet. Plenty of victory beer drinking time!

Edit: I ruh-heally can't wait to see how the DMN spins this.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I bet Coach Mac gave them a solid chewing. We should have won that game 60-0. Two drives inside the 10 and we come away with FG's and 139yds in penalties. And a lot of dumb penalties at that. You know he won't tolerate that.

After watching the two teams play last week I thought we would win quite easily, but nothing like this. SO GLORIOUS.

And how exciting was it to see Dajon and J. Wilson line up the backfield for the future. Good stuff.

Greer has a LONG way to go, but SMU fans must feel hopeless because all three of the QB's they trotted out there were terrible.

• Upvote 2

I bet Coach Mac gave them a solid chewing. We should have won that game 60-0. Two drives inside the 10 and we come away with FG's and 139yds in penalties. And a lot of dumb penalties at that. You know he won't tolerate that.

For those who didn't watch on TV, there was a false start call in the 2Q which put the cameras on McCarney.

The look of pure fury and a clear F-bomb. I chuckled.

• Upvote 1

Disappointed in attendance. Walked over to the student side during the 2nd quarter- the alumni side looked fairly empty. Students are doing their part, alumni need to step it up.

Very happy with the results of the game- would have loved to have the first shut out in 124 games.

Regardless of how the rest of the season turns out, it will be considered a winning season to me after beating down SMU like that.

Really hoping that we can hang on to Skladany for a few more years. If we make it to another bowl this year based on a solid defense, there will be some folks coming after him.

• Upvote 2