Ron Washington Quits

Not really. There is much more to this story, I am willing to bet.

How many major league managers do you think cheat on their wives? How many get caught? Hell, I bet there are even divorces over this very thing. I bet those guys went right on managing before and after their divorce. These guys are on the road a lot and are celebrities. Opportunities and temptations are there. Many have given in to these temptations and lost their marriage because of it. Hell, Billy Martin was married 4 times and had a long term mistress during his third marriage, a mistress that became his fourth wife. And he managed through it all with no need to call a press conference to apologize to his wife. Let's look at exactly what Washington said:

"... Today, I'm at a very low time in my life. I'm sorry for breaking the trust that I had with my wife and for disappointing my players, for disappointing my coaches, disappointing Major League Baseball and for disappointing the Texas Rangers."

Why the hell is he apologizing for disappointing his players and coaches, who probably a pretty good number of are sexing it up on the road while away from their wife? Why the F does he owe the Rangers or MLB an apology for a personal relationship failing?

I think this is a planned preemptive strike against the rumored allegations, stating publicly that it was a consensual affair and apologizing to his wife to possibly attack the credibility of the rumored accuser.

Really, why else would he have this very very weird press conference to apologize for something that isn't anyone's business but he and his wife's?

Very strange and doesn't pass the smell test.

• Upvote 3

How many major league managers do you think cheat on their wives? How many get caught? Hell, I bet there are even divorces over this very thing. I bet those guys went right on managing before and after their divorce. These guys are on the road a lot and are celebrities. Opportunities and temptations are there. Many have given in to these temptations and lost their marriage because of it. Hell, Billy Martin was married 4 times and had a long term mistress during his third marriage, a mistress that became his fourth wife. And he managed through it all with no need to call a press conference to apologize to his wife. Let's look at exactly what Washington said:

"... Today, I'm at a very low time in my life. I'm sorry for breaking the trust that I had with my wife and for disappointing my players, for disappointing my coaches, disappointing Major League Baseball and for disappointing the Texas Rangers."

Why the hell is he apologizing for disappointing his players and coaches, who probably a pretty good number of are sexing it up on the road while away from their wife? Why the F does he owe the Rangers or MLB an apology for a personal relationship failing?

I think this is a planned preemptive strike against the rumored allegations, stating publicly that it was a consensual affair and apologizing to his wife to possibly attack the credibility of the rumored accuser.

Really, why else would he have this very very weird press conference to apologize for something that isn't anyone's business but he and his wife's?

That's what I think, too. He may have a lawsuit coming and is, oddly, trying to look like a one-time cheater, family man type. Like the preacher guy that said he just sniffed it a few times and didn't hit it....

Did he ever mention "consensual", though? He did lay some ground work, yesterday, but he stopped short of getting into details like this. Definitely agree that there is more to come from this story.

It's not the shooting of the load, it's how the load got shot and what led up to that load shooting moment.

Details, my friend.

Again, no reason to publicly call yourself a cheater and publicly embarrass the one on which you cheated unless it is a strategic move, plain and simple.

And yes, I have trust issues... 😉