SOW Mini

NT91

I looked at the two mini-helmets I have and they were marked as made in China. There's a lot that has to happen when buying from China. Mode of Transportation plays a huge factor in how long it takes for an order to fulfilled. Boating it across the ocean takes longer whereas flying it is quicker but more expensive. I wonder when the order was sent in. If the order was sent via barge it would take a minimum of several months.

How long has the AD known we were going with the SOW?

Long enough to order regular helmets and get them here, right? Or did we just replace stickers? But then we already have the black helmets, which we know are new

So it takes longer to fill an order for cheap, small, plastic molded helmets with a sticker on the side?

Color me extremely skeptical.

Someone should have gotten with Barnes and Noble and let them know. It seems they did, because there is no lacking of SOW shirts and hats for sale. Maybe they just forgot the sacred Mini helmet.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2

Long enough to order regular helmets and get them here, right? Or did we just replace stickers? But then we already have the black helmets, which we know are new

So it takes longer to fill an order for cheap, small, plastic molded helmets with a sticker on the side?

Someone should have gotten with Barnes and Noble and let them know. It seems they did, because there is no lacking of SOW shirts and hats for sale. Maybe they just forgot the sacred Mini helmet.

There have been SOW hats and shirts available for years. It's not like we had the SOW become a new logo this spring.

I'll bet the athletic department might order new helmets in the winter/spring in order to have them in time for summer practices.

You can be skeptical all you want but ordering from China ain't an overnight type of situation. For the company I work for, it takes months to get product manufactured and then shipped across the ocean.

In the retail industry for the toy category, retailers and manufactures are deciding what will be on shelves for Christmas 2015 right now and orders will go out somewhere around January or February 2015, if not before then.

Why are you not making fun of people for talking about kids toys?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

One of the new mini helmets is now available at the stadium store. It is the green (the dark green) with the white SOW. The black one has not arrived yet.

Dark green? So someone messed this up?

I don't think so, it is a Riddell mini. Most probably leftover helmets from the previous design and used the SOW instead of the "NORTH TEXAS" decal. The store also has that mini in stock- same exact color.