UNT Panhellenic

northtexassigep

Here's a case of those exclusive bastards shitting all over the UNT campus and its reputation.

Sure, it's more than worthwhile to say that there are good people and bad people in just about every organization that ever existed. But I think it's probably just as fair to say that people are going to remember the bad things more than the good things. northtexassigep is right thought. We might just have to agree to disagree.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To each their own. I'm automatically suspicious of any closed organization that doesn't have clearly defined standards of membership. That's not some kind of honored organization, that's a high school click. I'm sick of hearing about your "brothers". Living in the same house, wearing matching boat shoes, and drinking alot doesn't make you brothers. I was born with exactly 0 brothers, but now I have quite a few, but then, I spent 8 months with my brothers in a burning/freezing hellhole running off a minimal amount of sleep whilst living with them in a tiny metal box. If greek life can add that into their initiations, you guys might have the right to call each other family. Until then, give me a break.

Then with all the crap that UNT has had to put up with in regards to it's own greek life. That kid falling and hurting himself, that one frat getting itself kicked off campus. It's embarrassing, and I can't imagine why the university puts up with it.

And how exactly do you know what goes on in a fraternity if you have never been in one? I was in the Marines and deployed just like you but some of my closest friends who I call "brothers" came from my time in a fraternity. We have guys in my fraternity that have deployed and we have a few guys going into the military to be officers after they graduate so this isint just some party organization that causes trouble like you think. Your opinions of a fraternity are based off of bs and I can only assume that you have these feelings because you spent most of your time sitting in some dorm on campus and never got invited to greek life events. Don't talk trash when you spend most of your time playing with action figure toys, pretending to be Captain America.

And I may be wrong but during my time in the Marines, we all wore the same shoes "combat boots," lived in the same barracks/tent, and drank more than anyone so that sounds a lot like your description of a fraternity. Greek life has done a lot for this school and has always shown support and helped attendance at UNT football games.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Sure, it's more than worthwhile to say that there are good people and bad people in just about every organization that ever existed. But I think it's probably just as fair to say that people are going to remember the bad things more than the good things. northtexassigep is right thought. We might just have to agree to disagree.

Probably best. You might be surprised to learn who are members of Fraternities (don't call mt Fraternity a "frat" and I won't call our country a....), plus there have been military scandals that don't reflect on our entire Armed Forces. Thanks for your service.
  • Upvote 1

And how exactly do you know what goes on in a fraternity if you have never been in one? I was in the Marines and deployed just like you but some of my closest friends who I call "brothers" came from my time in a fraternity. We have guys in my fraternity that have deployed and we have a few guys going into the military to be officers after they graduate so this isint just some party organization that causes trouble like you think. Your opinions of a fraternity are based off of bs and I can only assume that you have these feelings because you spent most of your time sitting in some dorm on campus and never got invited to greek life events. Don't talk trash when you spend most of your time playing with action figure toys, pretending to be Captain America.

And I may be wrong but during my time in the Marines, we all wore the same shoes "combat boots," lived in the same barracks/tent, and drank more than anyone so that sounds a lot like your description of a fraternity. Greek life has done a lot for this school and has always shown support and helped attendance at UNT football games.

Whoo, slow down there killer. I surrender. :blink:

To be fair, my opinions on greek life are based on my experiences, just like everyone's. If membership within said organization is the only way to judge it, then why do we hire outside auditors to find issues that we might not see? I could just as easily say that you are blinded to the faults of greek life because it means so much to you. No one can deny the fact that greek life at UNT has led to some heinous and embarrassing shenanigans, anymore than I can deny that I'm sure there are good people in them too, which I did above. I did spend most of time living in dorms on campus, which was awesome. I made alot of friends, met my wife, and noone gets turned away by a secretive selection process.

Sure, I like action figures. I think I have dozens of Captain America figures all around my man cave, thought I fail to see how that is relevant to this conversation, and my action figure collection is probably cooler than your hobby anyway. And not to nitpick, but isn't scoping out my social media stuff because we're Facebook friends and rolling all of that into this forum a little low?

Edited by UNTDoubleAlum
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Probably best. You might be surprised to learn who are members of Fraternities (don't call mt Fraternity a "frat" and I won't call our country a....), plus there have been military scandals that don't reflect on our entire Armed Forces. Thanks for your service.

I won't call my country a count!
  • Upvote 2

okay be completely honest here........ who besides me had google Panhellenic??

Pan·hel·len·ic
ˌpanhəˈlenik/
adjective
  1. of, concerning, or representing all people of Greek origin or ancestry.
    • relating to, advocating, or denoting the idea of a political union of all Greeks.
    • of, concerning, or representing all college fraternities and sororities.
  • Upvote 3

Pan·hel·len·ic

ˌpanhəˈlenik/

adjective

• of, concerning, or representing all people of Greek origin or ancestry.

• relating to, advocating, or denoting the idea of a political union of all Greeks.

• of, concerning, or representing all college fraternities and sororities.

Don't you have a class to be teaching or something!

Pan·hel·len·ic

ˌpanhəˈlenik/

adjective

[*]

of, concerning, or representing all people of Greek origin or ancestry.

relating to, advocating, or denoting the idea of a political union of all Greeks.

of, concerning, or representing all college fraternities and

Guilty. GMG.

I think many of you are confused.

The sororities had organized recruitment activities that were cancelled last week because so many members planned on being in Austin to support their team.

Activities were rescheduled for this weekend, with a break sufficient to watch the SMU game, but not enough of a break to participate in much of the pregame festivities.

So what? Some young ladies are going to miss most of the morning tailgating? Is that really worthy of the anti-greek rants?

They're passionate about the university and they support it's athletic programs. I wish we had even more students like them, greek and non-greek.

• Upvote 7

I think many of you are confused.

The sororities had organized recruitment activities that were cancelled last week because so many members planned on being in Austin to support their team.

Activities were rescheduled for this weekend, with a break sufficient to watch the SMU game, but not enough of a break to participate in much of the pregame festivities.

So what? Some young ladies are going to miss most of the morning tailgating? Is that really worthy of the anti-greek rants?

They're passionate about the university and they support it's athletic programs. I wish we had even more students like them, greek and non-greek.

As to the bolded part, which team was that?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1