Official SMU Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

What a horrible showing last week. It could be a confidence-killing loss. Will Y'Barbo's words be hollow?

Or, will the Mean Green bounce back offensively? SO MANY QUESTIONS! :ermm:

I expect this game to be MUCH different from last week. I'm expecting the offense to come out with their hair on fire. I'm hoping our mole (Rice) can contribute something to our coaches as to what SMU might do. I expect the run game to be on point. I expect our QB's will complete more passes to our guys than SMU's, but I'm also expecting at least 1-2 turnovers.

SMU looked about as inept as we did last week. I don't think Baylor's defense is as good as UT's. I don't think UT's offense is as good as Baylor's, so that's a wash. Both teams were humiliated last week and will have much to prove this week.

Easy formula this week: Win the turnover battle, win the game.

Hopefully the recruits we're both after are attending, because, barring a meltodwn, this will be a UNT win, and could turn into multiple UNT wins... Apogee advantage will dash any hopes for the ponies.

Please, please, pretty please Greer: Show us something.

North Texas: 27

SMU: 17

Attendance: ~29,500

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

SMU goes down in defeat and sends the pony to the glue factory-unt 24-SMU 20, 23K at the game. I took 7k off my other estimate because of our play in Austin. Not to beat a dead horse but i watched the Baylor-SMU game yesterday and the SMU freshman qb look fairly good. I know it was Baylor 2nd and 3rd string but the kid stood up to the rush.

Sagarin rates us 91st, 2 spots behind powerhouse New Hampshire and 11 behind SMU. Based upon his formula, we are a 4 point dog at home. Over the decades I have found Sagarin the most accurate of any rating service. Could be a real pillow fight, although the Mustangs have a QB that looks like he can scramble.I make it 21 to 7,SMU.

Sagarin rates us 91st, 2 spots behind powerhouse New Hampshire and 11 behind SMU. Based upon his formula, we are a 4 point dog at home. Over the decades I have found Sagarin the most accurate of any rating service. Could be a real pillow fight, although the Mustangs have a QB that looks like he can scramble.I make it 21 to 7,SMU.

I don't believe any ranking system with one game on the board. With that small a sample size, it is a guessing system.

• Upvote 2

It will be a pillow-fight, that's for sure. We looked as bad as I have ever seen and that is saying a lot! SMU looked bad against Baylor as well but Baylor was ranked and Texas was not. Central Arkansas, N. Dakota St., and S. Dakota St all did better than we did last week against ranked and/or B12 opponents.

But, in the end, the Safeway Bowl will come down to who wants it most and that is us.

North Texas 7

The biggest cheater ever in the history of college football, which is particularly bad since they come from a church school and one would think that God would give them some kind of extra help: 3