Sept 6th game question

GreenTexan13

This may be a stupid question, but how or do alumni get a discount on tickets? I want to purchase two tix to this weekend's game. But they are going to be almost $100 bucks for both together on ticket master. I am a recent alumni and have always gotten student tix before this. So I'm completely oblivious to the whole process.

Thanks guys.

Thor and GMG24! y'all are the best. I'm definitely trying to get some of these. How do you turn down a free beer and football? Thanks for the input guys, I'm very appreciative.

You know, if you like the seats and have a good time, and you have a little extra cash, you could always buy season tickets in that very area, which is reserved for recent grads. Judging by your 2013 handle, I would assume that would be you.

For next year, of course.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

Hey guys,

Remember with any ticket sales or questions, you can contact me directly. My direct line is 940-369-5380 or my email is eddie.delgado@unt.edu. I am always avaliabel or will call you back as quickly as I can. For recent alumni, there is a discount. Thanks for all your support and Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 3

There's a way better deal, recent alumni section. A bar owner (I think) in Denton has bought a bunch. Someone get this guy that info. I can't find the post with it.

John Williams from East Side Social Club bought about 80 Season tickets and paying $50 gets you a ticket to each home game on the 50 yard line with seat backs in the young alumni section, a sweet east side/oak st designed unt logo shirt available by Smu game, a beer for each home game, and free shuttle to and from game.

John Williams from East Side Social Club bought about 80 Season tickets and paying $50 gets you a ticket to each home game on the 50 yard line with seat backs in the young alumni section, a sweet east side/oak st designed unt logo shirt available by Smu game, a beer for each home game, and free shuttle to and from game.

Yeah he has about 20 or so left, they are going out like hot cakes. Much respect to that John Williams guy, for setting that up. A leader in the Mean Green Nation if you ask me.

• Upvote 1

Yeah he has about 20 or so left, they are going out like hot cakes. Much respect to that John Williams guy, for setting that up. A leader in the Mean Green Nation if you ask me.

Think about the math on that. I think the total number he bought was 110 @ $100 per, then he sells them @$50-70. Let's average that out to $60. That's at least $4,400 out of his personal pocket, more likely $5,500. He'll probably get no official recognition for it. He's just doing it for the good of the stadium, and getting himself a little marketing in the process. There's an internet meme out there called Good Guy Greg. Thing needs to be updated to Good Guy John Williams.

I have to sign in and post a big THANK YOU to John Williams, Jeff Brightwell and all the Oak Street/East Side folks for being such great supporters AND involved business owners. These guys all rock! This is another reason why my wife and I love these places and try to frequent them as often as we can. They represent to front edge of several local businesses who seem to be getting behind the Mean Green. They are leading the pack and making things happen. Some may not know this, but they stepped up in support of a recent GMG.Com flag football game as well...no fanfare, no PR needed....just came out in support.

Some folks on here need to realize that a lot is going on in support of the Mean Green that they are not aware of happening...too bad because if some business down in Dallas were doing this sort of thing they would be on here telling everyone how great they were and how this never happens in Denton. Silly, just silly, but since these folks are not part of the Denton community as a general rule, they really have no clue how much effort is going on behind the scenes these days to "up" the support and visibility of the Mean Green locally. It is, of course, easier to criticize than to actually help.

John and Jeff and their ownership group are really showing others how they can help and how it is also good for business. So, folks....come support Oak Street and East Side...on game weekends and during the week...especially you guys who do not live in Denton. Show some love for the guys who are doing more than their share to create a great game day atmosphere and to fill Apogee.

These guys are the best....and they serve up a full pint of some great tasting brews! Believe me, I know...so does Thor! :-)

Thanks, guys....my hat is off to you and appreciate you more than you can ever know!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Think about the math on that. I think the total number he bought was 110 @ $100 per, then he sells them @$50-70. Let's average that out to $60. That's at least $4,400 out of his personal pocket, more likely $5,500. He'll probably get no official recognition for it. He's just doing it for the good of the stadium, and getting himself a little marketing in the process. There's an internet meme out there called Good Guy Greg. Thing needs to be updated to Good Guy John Williams.

Yeah, and someone who spends money like that with recognition gets all the respect from fans. I've actually been to his bars and enjoyed it so much. Now I know his business is getting me as a loyal customer for life.

Cheers John Williams!

Edited by GreenTexan13

Yeah... I followed Jeff and John around Austin for like 12 miles in smoldering heat in search of beer.

After 5 hours of profuse sweating... We chose air conditioning instead of the outdoor bar they chose. Maybe next time. :/

They did however, lead us to beer. And Jeff didn't lie to me when he said there would be Moscow Mules at Silo.

These are truthful guys who will lead you to beer. We love ESSC and Oak Street.

(Can I have a shirt now?). :)

Edited by SSP

Very welcome. Did you find it?

I did,,the groupon deal was for section 101 and 201 on the alumni side. Still pretty good though. I thought I saw on ticket master that there was still a blue block in there showing unfilled seats, so hopefully people know about this groupon deal. It basically takes 50 % off your buy. Tons of great deals on football tickets.... No excuses not to go from our fan base.