Basketball schedule

BillySee58

A truly pathetic home OOC schedule. I am embarrassed for UNT at Benford and Co.'s effort on that schedule.

Iona (NIT) and Creighton (NCAA) both played in the post season and neither will be an easy game. I believe the only post season OOC home game was against SFA last year and they played in the NIT in 2012/2013.

• Upvote 1

Iona (NIT) and Creighton (NCAA) both played in the post season and neither will be an easy game. I believe the only post season OOC home game was against SFA last year and they played in the NIT in 2012/2013.

No game is an easy game with Benford as coach.

Creighton no longer has superstar McDermott this season. Iona was 22-11 and lost in the first round of the NIT. They lost their best scorer as well. The D.II and NAIA teams on the home schedule suggest the team (& coach) can't get close to .500 without dumbing down the schedule.

You can have my seats if you want them, I'm no longer interested.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

It's all about a respectable record to get him through a fourth year.

It's all about not wanting to pay off a contract.

It's not about winning.

If this is the case then we need another AD as well. Of course I've said this about the Pizza Man for the last nine years. #PizzaManMustGo

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Overall it's is actually a pretty decent schedule. The home games are a bit of a diss ointment but Delaware state, Iona, and Creighton should all be good games. It also does not hurt to have 5 straight home games before that very tough 3 game road stretch. Between the away games and the conference games the schedule will be tough.

• Upvote 1

That's a damn respectable schedule.

The conference schedule is fine. Six of the OOC home games are a joke, and are not respectable for a CUSA program. I am surprised the conference allowed it to be so weak. It reflects poorly on our program. To say otherwise reflects poorly on some of our fanbase.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

• 4 weeks later...

What makes you so sure we schedule those weak teams? Maybe they schedule us for a easy win? I sat through games last year and we were bad. I remember the SFA game, they had more fans then us and the game was so bad even the SFA fans stop cheering. I didn't buy season tickets this year and will just buy game day tickets if I decide to go to a few games. I don't mind losing (yes I do) but getting pounded is not acceptable. We call a timeout and come out and do nothing different.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

if you compare our schedule to our conference mates I would say its very much above average. Obviously we have a below average home schedule, but our road games are killer. All the conference schedules are on ESPN. Go and see for yourself. Yes we still have two division 2 schools and play a few no names, but other schools play very few well known teams as well. LSU appears on a few of their schedules. I do wish we could have found a way to still throw in LSU this season.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm sure they'll take all these complaints into consideration and have Florida, Indiana, Arizona, and VCU on the home schedule ASAP.

Na. They are transferring the football scheduling model to basketball. The more you whore yourself, the less you have to do real work, don't ya know.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1