How did your adopted player do in game one?

Harry

Adoption list:

Game 1 stats: http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/nt01.html

My player is linebacker Derek Akunne - he had a good night overall tied for 3rd on the team with tackles (6) with 1 QB hit.

Given the way the defense played, you know Derek was a big piece of it. I do expect him to have an even bigger game against SMU.

Greer looked extremely nervous to me. Seemed like the blitz was freaking him out on every single pass attempt. A couple of low snaps didn't help and our wide outs didn't look to be getting open too much but can't excuse a performance like that. I still think he has potential and can prove everyone wrong this weekend. I just hope he's mentally prepared and doesn't let this game shake his confidence too much.

• Upvote 1

Jarrian Roberts

2 TFLS and an assist for -11 yards

1 sack for -9 yards

He single handedly took 20 yards away from their offense. His rush moves and speed are going to be a huge asset for him to continue getting more PT.

• Upvote 2

My boy Tillman Johnson saw the field, which is saying something for a true freshman D-lineman. He didn't see it much, though, which actually speaks well of our D-line situation. So he didn't crack the stat sheet. I expect Mr. Johnson to be a monster before it's all said and done, but I imagine he'll be used pretty sparingly this year.

• Upvote 1

Have 2 adopted players:

First one, Laramie "was that boomer or did someone come near" Lee, he played like we expected him to play. Had some big hits, and was part of a secondary that led to some coverage sacks. I didn't see him get beat at all during the game. He came out a couple of series. Hope he's not hurt.

For my red-headed stepchild, Mini Mac, he was awful. He looks like he is a really good athlete and that he does know what he is doing out there, but he just can't throw the ball. 2 picks in 7 throws, one wasn't his fault, but the other one was.

• Upvote 1

Anthony Wallace had 5 tackles (fifth on the team) and was very visible around the ball. I believe that he's going to be one of the main cogs in the defense if he can get more playing time. I wish that there was a way to get both he and Scott on the field at the same time.

There is it's called a 3-4 but we won't do that. Even a 4-2-5 but that would mean one would have to get into coverage and that won't happen.

"Jim Jim" fared as well as expected against that rough Texas D-Line. He carried the rock nine times and had the second-most rushing yards on the team with 30.

He hit his stride on the first drive of the fourth quarter for the Mean Green though with a three carry sequence of eight, four and six yards. The eight yarder was his longest of the evening.

I expect a healthy does of "The Jimmy Show" Saturday.

Jimmy likes to run.

tumblr_kzuynfIcGb1qza49co1_500.png

• Upvote 1

My son, Pegram, accounted for more than half of the total yard output for the team. I only bring in 'The Man' like qualities into my household. Pegram proved his worth to me once again and therefore I will keep him as my beloved child. He knows not to disappoint me or I will kick his ass to the curb.

Call it tough love, but it has gotten him this far.

• Upvote 1