line on SMU game

Don Allman

All that money on athletics and that hilarious "Pony Up" campaign and nothing to show for it. I know they so desperately want to be the college team of Dallas, but that's de-facto UT/A&M, then it's us and TCU. They'll never get that status so long as they remain a private school.

We did used to be a private school ourselves you know, before we wised up.

I hate when they call is that. It's just extremely disrespectful.

Yeah it sucks for the younger people who attended the university like me that have always known it to be the University of North Texas. But I like to think of NTSU as appreciating our history, not necessarily like being called it. But when someone who is either ignorant or unknowing of our real name (UNT) to just let it pass. It's a SMwho fan calling us that, It would be a whole new level of disrespect when a commentator or a referee was calling us that on TV or at a game...

• Upvote 1

I'm 25 and I hate them. Want to know why? How about you go to uptown for a drink and talk to any one of them and in about 30 seconds you'll realize why we don't like them.

This!

And you do not have to be from UNT to dislike the entitled ponies....

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

I'm 25 and I hate them. Want to know why? How about you go to uptown for a drink and talk to any one of them and in about 30 seconds you'll realize why we don't like them.

I know for real, I drove through uptown Dallas a couple weeks ago and saw a Audi merging into my lane. I didn't let them in because I saw a pony sticker on the back window.

Edited by GreenTexan13
  • Upvote 7

I hate when they call is that. It's just extremely disrespectful.

I know that they are trying to be disrespectful but I don't let it bother me. Besides, they probably were babies when we went by that name and think that it's derogatory. In reality, it was a good university then and even better today. Besides, we call them SMUt and I consider that a pretty fair tradeoff.

• Upvote 1