line on SMU game

Don Allman

Then there was this gem on ponyfans, "In typical smu fashion, our measuring stick is against the crap of the ncaa. No, the UNT game is not "very important". We are irrelevant. Who cares"

If we are considered "the crap of the NCAA", and typically your measuring stick is against that, then what does that say about your program and should you really be talking?

Of course they have posters that take on the same persona as some on here, but I was surprised at the amount of their posters that are picking UNT to win. Seemed about 50/50 at the time I read it.

Their past several recruiting classes have been rated higher than ours according to the services, but we know that does not always guarantee a better team. However, this will be no cakewalk. Their defense looked pretty reasonable once you are able to get past the Baylor team they were trying to stop (it still feels weird to type those words about a team and knowing that the team is Baylor). I suspect we will have our hands full.

Also, Coach Mac built a somewhat smaller, but faster defense. Presumably to keep up with the spread offenses we face in CUSA. SMU will be a good test of our defense's capability to cover the spread/run and shoot.

Should be a fun game.

Prescott Line is the most SMU name to ever SMU. If he doesn't someday have "& Associates" after his name, he's doing it wrong.

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/smu-m-footbl-mtt.html

Have at it :D

Hayden Greenbauer is one that you will need to pay attention to. He is a Safety and plays with all his heart. I would

compare his work with the unicorn DB from UNT.

• Upvote 2

Did you see the reply? Something along the lines of, "Is that the teachers college op the road?"

You know, nothing like trying to trash talk from behind a keyboard, and having fingers so fat that they press a key two keys over.

All that money on athletics and that hilarious "Pony Up" campaign and nothing to show for it. I know they so desperately want to be the college team of Dallas, but that's de-facto UT/A&M, then it's us and TCU. They'll never get that status so long as they remain a private school.

All that money on athletics and that hilarious "Pony Up" campaign and nothing to show for it. I know they so desperately want to be the college team of Dallas, but that's de-facto UT/A&M, then it's us and TCU. They'll never get that status so long as they remain a private school.

So you put "us" up there with TCU and ahead of SMU as the team of the metroplex?

Well, its nothing if not ambitious.

• Upvote 1