One thing a UT fan told me in support of Greer

Harry

He said Josh has a good arm, velocity but that his aim was a tad high. He said if they can have him to adjust that he could be ok.

He also said that our center was snapping the ball low and that could have contributed to some of the QB issues.

This guy has been a high school coach so he has some knowledge about the game.

Not to be a douche bag..but..duh. All of his throws were high and he had happy feet and he is a statue. He is a sitting duck when not given an excessive amount of time to throw a high ball. He needs to find a comfortable seat on the bench or we as fans need to find comfort in going sub .500. Ours/his/Macs choice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This kid wasn't throwing them just high and had a good arm... He couldn't even get the ball to the back on several swing passes, they skipped into the RB's and WR's. I think this guy was just trying to be nice! It was awful. You can have the best arm but you also have to have a strong head to go with that strong arm. Both of these QB's had neither

• Upvote 3

He said Josh has a good arm, velocity but that his aim was a tad high. He said if they can have him to adjust that he could be ok.

He also said that our center was snapping the ball low and that could have contributed to some of the QB issues.

I like you Harry but sometimes your Homerism is f'ing out there. Greer sucked tonight, no excuse in the world will change that.
  • Upvote 6

It's almost as if our QB's were paid off tonight to throw the game! They didn't even look like they were in the game. Our passing game was 3 of 17 for a total of 15 yds and 4 INTs! 3 of those INT's were inside our 20-25 yard line.

I wonder if these two QB's have some new found money, for their contributions tonight, from the P5 horns!!

Alumni supporting the new Strong era!

• Upvote 1

I sat in front of Kirby's girlfriend for the game so I didn't want to say anything but all of the snaps were pretty low. Our quarterbacks had less time to read and react because they were busy focusing on not dropping the snap. Which actually happened with Greer. Not saying they wouldve been so much better with better snaps, but it couldve factored into the horrible QB play

• Upvote 3

I sat in front of Kirby's girlfriend for the game so I didn't want to say anything but all of the snaps were pretty low. Our quarterbacks had less time to read and react because they were busy focusing on not dropping the snap. Which actually happened with Greer. Not saying they wouldve been so much better with better snaps, but it couldve factored into the horrible QB play

It was their nerves more than anything. From the first snap, when Greer fumbled it, you could tell he was petrified

• Upvote 3

After watching our starting two QB's tonight, it occurred to me that maybe someone else should be evaluating and developing our QB's. Because A. I've never been impressed with Greer, and B. I've seen McNulty play much better in the past......even though it was in spring practice and the spring game.....of 2013.

Who was the coach that took Mitch Maher from a run-oriented QB in the Plano system, to a dual threat throwing machine?

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1

After watching our starting two QB's tonight, it occurred to me that maybe someone else should be evaluating and developing our QB's. Because A. I've never been impressed with Greer, and B. I've seen McNulty play much better in the past......even though it was in spring practice and the spring game.....of 2013.

Who was the coach that took Mitch Maher from a run-oriented QB in the Plano system, to a dual threat throwing machine?

I think that was dodge

"Dodge is already familiar with the university, having served as its offensive coordinator in the 1992 and 1993 seasons. During his tenure he directed the Mean Green offense to a per-game average of 348 yards and 26 points. He oversaw the progression of quarterback Mitch Maher, who holds numerous Mean Green offensive records, including pass completions, passing yards, and total offense. Maher went on to play for the Canadian Football Leagues’ Shreveport Pirates."

• Upvote 1

Did he pat you on the head and call you little buddy too?

This is just patronizing.

• Upvote 2

The snaps were low all night costing valuable time but NT's QBs are not very good (just look at the stats). Surely some of the athletes on this team were QBs in HS or can transition. Anybody over 6 foot that can throw the ball should be evaluated if the $MU game stats are a repeat of the tu game.

John Harris (UT) seemed really hard to bring down. He killed UNT last night.