SMU Fans: "NTSUs QBs are [deleted] horrible"

Harry

I told my wife the excuse that Dajon as a dual-threat could be" more turnover-prone" (per a few people here) and she laughed. Then she asked if we could just throw some defense and special teams guys on offense without a QB and let them take turns. Probably could have gotten more than 3 first-downs that way. SMU, UT, UNT, and anyone else who saw last night's game likely all have the same opinion. My only hope is that UT's defense is really that good and not that our offense is that bad. I also noticed that Greer had to take extra time and lower down to get the snaps. What's up with that? Didn't they practice snapping the ball a few times over the last 4 months or so?

• Upvote 1

I was saying that through the entire second half. Obviously we were already past the point of being able to win it, so he definitely wouldn't lose it for us...so why not give him his shot? It wasn't going to get any worse, so either better or just ass bad would have worked itself out.

I was saying that through the entire second half. Obviously we were already past the point of being able to win it, so he definitely wouldn't lose it for us...so why not give him his shot? It wasn't going to get any worse, so either better or just ass bad would have worked itself out.

You can't put Dajon in...he might throw interceptions. Oh, wait...

Actually I think you never saw Dajon because, if he come in and moved the chains, Mac wouldn't be able to keep him out of there going forward without inciting a riot in the fan base. His ego wouldn't allow it.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Actually I think you never saw Dajon because, if he come in and moved the chains, Mac wouldn't be able to keep him out of there going forward without inciting a riot in the fan base. His ego wouldn't allow it.

I don't agree with you very much at all but I believe you are spot on with this. DMAC knows if DW goes in and moved the chains, he has to leave him in and his ego won't allow him admitting he was wrong. We can chant DW all we want but it ain't going to happen.

I honestly believe that if Mac were the A&M coach in 2012, he would have left Johnny Manziel on the bench for this very reason. Now, I'm not saying Dajon is Johnny, but as long as Mac doesn't get over himself, we'll never even get a chance to find out

• Upvote 2

i really don't think it is DMac keepin Williams out. I think its chico because he wants them to do exactly what he tells them while they're in there. I think Mac wants a Dajon type in there but Dajon is immature on/off of the field. If Dajon would just show that he can handle life as an athlete, he would be starting right now with Mac's blessing... regardless of what chico wants.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i really don't think it is DMac keepin Williams out. I think its chico because he wants them to do exactly what he tells them while they're in there. I think Mac wants a Dajon type in there but Dajon is immature on/off of the field. If Dajon would just show that he can handle life as an athlete, he would be starting right now with Mac's blessing... regardless of what chico wants.

Ding ding ding...

And Mac isnt going to sign off on DW until he sees him being successful and getting reps in practice.

Last year this time Mac was comfortable enough to come out and say DW was not going to redshirt and put him in the game...then something happened. The offense got too hard for him to pick up.

Yeah, this is probably more accurate. I was referring to the coaching staff in general. They will eventually throw in the best player that will give them the best shot to win regardless of ego's. A porous year this year could lead to some kind of firings on the offensive staff and I know they want their jobs.