Five thoughts from Vito

Harry

1. UNT is going to miss Derek Thompson

There was a school of thought out there that UNT would not miss Heart of Dallas Bowl MVP Derek Thompson, a three-year starter at quarterback. UNT played both Josh Greer and Andrew McNulty and didn’t have any success with either player. Greer started 1-for-7 with two interceptions. McNulty’s first pass was also picked off.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/08/five-thoughts.html/

Is Carlos Harris out for next weeks game? Does Vito know? Saw online someone said he punched a UT player in the helmet and won't be playing next week. Since I do not believe everything I read on the internet I would like to find an answer form someone who is closer to the situation.

Did anyone doubt Vito would show his DT hard on? Just because someone gave you interviews doesnt mean they were a good qb. Though Green and MiniMac did everything they could to make him look better.

About 10 of us,....me, 90, TFLF and a few others have only been reminding the other 110 others of this for the past 2 years.

I think Greer and Means are our future with Greer getting better. But everyone forgets DT's first time to be thrown into a game and what he did with the ball that night. We saw zero flashes of anything remotely close to that tonight from anyone in green. Not even close!

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

About 10 of us,....me, 90, TFLF and a few others have only been reminding the other 110 others of this for the past 2 years.

I think Greer and Means are our future with Greer getting better. But everyone forgets DT's first time to be thrown into a game and what he did with the ball that night. We saw zero flashes of anything remotely close to that tonight from anyone in green. Not even close!

Rick

To be fair, DTs first game time was the last couple minutes against Arkansas State...right?

Not exactly Texas.

• Upvote 1

To be fair we rarely saw that again after that game from DT.

Maybe, but you always saw him stand in there and hold the ball as long as possible and take the hit to give the WR time to find separation. That's how he broke his leg at West Point. His delivery might have been off sometimes but he never looked like he was crapping his pants, and that's what we will miss this year.

Rick

• Upvote 4

Livid abiut what?

Take your pick, and I paraphrase:

I would rather get a big fat check to play on the road rather than bring a legit FBS team to Apogee.

Basketball? It's still the player's fault, even though almost all of them were recruited by Benford.

We had a contract with Tulsa to play football games, but we tore it up when we entered CUSA. How could I ever have been expected to anticipate that Tulsa would leave CUSA a mere year later, even though anyone from CUSA who could was jumping to the AAC. I mean, did you really expect me to negotiate that contract with a stipulation as to what would happen if Tulsa made that move? How the hell can you expect he to have a year of foresight? That is just expletive crazy! Who could have possibly seen Tulsa moving to the AAC (I mean, besides anyone who follows college football). Crazy!

4 home games scheduled for next season less than a year out? Just trust me.

Oh, and filling up Apogee is you fans' responsibility, not mine. Deal with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I told all of you last spring that I wasn't impressed with Greer.Like I said last spring, Conner Means has the best potential of the top four. Having said that, I tend to think that Dajon, whatever his faults might be, couldn't do worse than either Greer or McNulty.

couldn't agree more
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1