NT QB stats tonight

MeanGreen01

The other team caught more of our passes. How depressing.

You could actually see the frustration on our WR's faces. Harris was definitely letting his anger show. Don't blame him.

Saw the same thing. They too couldn't believe it and were frustrated. I saw the RBs doing the same. Heck, they were skipping balls to the backs on swing passes... 10 yd throws at max. Coach Canalas has got to be wondering WTF just happened more than even we are right now.

That means it's a hot route or you call a hot route, someone has to be open... Heck, or throw it away if it's not there! We have one of the best OL in the country, they had time or just as much time as DT had. After 3-5 seconds the ball has to be gone, that's not on the OL.

We do have one of the best OLInes in the country. And they got dominated.

I just think that Texas D is VERY good. Will be the best D in the big 12. They've always had talent. Charlie Strong is changing their mindset now.

They are FAST. and Strong has that speed playing pissed off now.

That was the worst passing I've ever seem in my life. The fact that both QBs were equally terrible makes it even worse. Williams probably should have had a chance too. He could not have done worse.

Mac has a week to get this fixed. We cannot have a repeat against SMU.

• Upvote 2

I know. To see these actual stats like this is like I'm dreaming! You could tell they still didn't want to throw when McNulty stepped in. Shocking and speechless! Coach Canalas needs to have a heart to heart privately with each on of those QB's

no, you are wrong. canales needs to have a heart to heart with DMac and TELL him who the starting QB is, the one with the best chance of winning. F this damn bus driver crap. Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 4

no, you are wrong. canales needs to have a heart to heart with DMac and TELL him who the starting QB is, the one with the best chance of winning. F this damn bus driver crap.

Abso-fucking-lutely. I don't know whether it is Mac or Canales turning the cold shoulder on DW, but whoever it may be needs to swallow their ego and put this guy in the game and roll with it. These 2 QB's made my brain hurt. Greer looked scared to freaking death from the start. He literally couldn't handle a shotgun snap throughout the game during any of his playing time. The overthrows were mind boggling. Over and over and over.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

That was the worst passing I've ever seem in my life. The fact that both QBs were equally terrible makes it even worse. Williams probably should have had a chance too. He could not have done worse.

Mac has a week to get this fixed. We cannot have a repeat against SMU.

I remember SSP reporting that he only saw one completed pass during the scrimmage a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking this performance isn't a fluke. I also don't think UT's defense is near as good as what some posters seem to think it is. I am really really concerned this can't be fixed in the short term. I've never seen an offensive performance this bad.

• Upvote 1

no, you are wrong. canales needs to have a heart to heart with DMac and TELL him who the starting QB is, the one with the best chance of winning. F this damn bus driver crap.

D-Mac is a complete micro manager and makes every decision; including who the starting QB was tonight. Unfortunately, he didn't own it in his post game comments. A legit HC owns his decisions. I didn't hear that from him tonight. All I heard was him calling his offense inept, when in reality his decisions and conservative mandates are what's really inept in Denton.

• Upvote 3

The fact that we did not see DW last night concerns me. I would be very surprised if DW is with the team next Fall.

I was surprised that DMac pulled Greer in the second quarter- I at least thought that he would give him a full half.

I am worried about next Saturday. Without a quarterback we will be lucky to win 2-3 games this year in CUSA. Rice lost to a good Notre Dame team yesterday but looked pretty good in the process.

Rice

I don't recall seeing anyone on here thinking that our replacing our QB was going to be easy.

Then you haven't been reading the football forum. Many thought Greer would be "at least as good" as DT, even though he never starts a FBS game.

I don't know what DW did to get so far into the dog house, but one thing is clear. He is the only QB on this roster that has shown any promise in live game action at the FBS level and should be in the hunt to start against SMU.

This is what happens when QB is not a priority in recruiting.

Somewhere in Denton this morning, Derek Thompson is sadly chuckling to himself and shaking his head.

Miss you, Derek Thompson. We didn't know what we had until it was gone.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

LMAO!!!

As for QB, I think the Berglund thing really set this staff back. They expected him to be running the ship right now and look at where he's at. Still doesn't excuse the lack of recruiting at QB.

The other thing that's scary is the word how bad the O looked during scrimmages & the spring game....

Edited by Got5onIt

Miss you, Derek Thompson. We didn't know what we had until it was gone.

This just needs to stop. I hate making it sound like I'm ungrateful for what DT did for us or how he absolutely maximized his ability for us, but he had more interceptions than touchdowns in conference play last year. Our qb recruiting has been suspect and last night was probably the worst qb play I've ever seen in a D1 game.

We lost a qb who was average, statistically. The hope was that we could improve a position where we were average and get an upgrade at the most important position. We aren't going to take a step up as a program with average qb production. Obviously last night showed average is better than awful. But in the long run they really aren't that different. Really wonder what this fan base would make a guy out to be if he were an all-conference qb.

• Upvote 5

I just didn't understand the play calling. On 3rd down call quick release high % throws for your rookie QB. The play calling by Chico was just as pitiful as the throws our QB's were making. It was garbage. No movement of the pocket...no real play action pass (that shotgun nonchalant PA doesn't count)...0 high % throws. Run 3 stand ins in a row to give your QB confidence is that is what needs to be done. Chico should have his pay suspended for this pathetic showing. GMG

• Upvote 1

This just needs to stop. I hate making it sound like I'm ungrateful for what DT did for us or how he absolutely maximized his ability for us, but he had more interceptions than touchdowns in conference play last year. Our qb recruiting has been suspect and last night was probably the worst qb play I've ever seen in a D1 game.

We lost a qb who was average, statistically. The hope was that we could improve a position where we were average and get an upgrade at the most important position. We aren't going to take a step up as a program with average qb production. Obviously last night showed average is better than awful. But in the long run they really aren't that different. Really wonder what this fan base would make a guy out to be if he were an all-conference qb.

Don't think DT ever had more interceptions than completions.

Get back to me after 3 more games and lets see if you still don't miss DT. That guy took more crap from an ungreatful fanbase than any successful QB at UNT. And the thing is, he was NEVER put in a position to be anything than what he was due to the offense that he ran. Just sad that people still refuse to acknowledge his accomplishments.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

DT was what he was. He's gone. Coaches and the team better be in the athletic complex up here in Denton today. This passing game needs as much tweaking as they can possibly get. Does North Texas have a passing game coordinator? If so, go ahead and let him go. The game is on replay on LHN and the D really did look good. Even with a bunch of replacements the D line is going to be really good. Linebackers took too many errant angles which led to the spurts in the running game for UT. O-line was on top of them for a couple of those big run plays. Derek Akunne tried to chase down M Brown from behind off the weak side. That's a no-no unless you KNOW you can get there. Secondary could have played a little tighter in coverage here and there. All in all I am still very pleased with the D. SMwho and Indiana will be good early season tests. Indiana had to fight off Indiana State all game. Smwho is going to get skull thumped tonight. All hope is not lost, mainly contributed to the D.

Oh and if Dan McCarney wants a tough QB he needs to go watch the 3rd & 19 play with 4:20 to go in the 3rd quarter last night. Shotgun snap bobbled (again) by Greer and rather than picking the football up and get what he can get (which he had room to his left) he picked the ball up and kneed on it like he was in the victory formation.

• Upvote 3