Worst showing in years

EagleGreen

This is by far the worst showing in years. dmac rolled over, from the very beginning, and gave them this one. So sad to see. He talks big and plays so very conservative. We were not playing an NFL team, we were playing a pretty crappy texas team. Very disappointing.

What in the heck are you talking about. I guess Mac could have opened it up more and got beat 70 to 7.

In most of these David and Goliath games, the underdog has a big emotional advantage. That obviously was not the case tonight, with Strong's first UT game.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What in the heck are you talking about. I guess Mac could have opened it up more and got beat 70 to 7.

In most of these David and Goliath games, the underdog has a big emotional advantage. That obviously was not the case tonight, with Strong's first UT game.

So thanks, we basically just said fuck it take the money and just get out with few injuries, no wonder we can not sell out Apogee

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

What am I talking about? I'll tell you what I'm talking about! The coaches played uber conservative from the very beginning, running on first and second down and pressuring the QBs on each 3rd down. Horrible coaching with a result of 2 severely freaked out QBs who caved. You could have brought in Dajon after that. No. Just run and give up. The UNT D is the only thing that gave us any hope whatsoever...

• Upvote 1

I am glad you can spell four letter words, because that's about the extent of intelligent comment in this post.

Grand, you must be kidding. We showed up, for money...on the worst network ever, and laid over and took it up the chute. No QB. No coaching. Just a little D that will keep us "hoping" like the democrats from the last election. Pathetic.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Grand, you must be kidding. We showed up, for money...on the worst network ever, and laid over and took it up the chute. No QB. No coaching. Just a little D that will keep us "hoping" like the democrats from the last election. Pathetic.

So this great coach everyone was lauding last year is now giving up? Baloney, the same conservative approach Mac always has, it just doesn't work in a game against far superior talent especially when they are fired up for the first game under a new coach. Dickey was the coach who laid down in these type of games not McCarney.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1

Still the same Coach who we love and Dan and the team loves his fans. I'm sure the team is also disappointed. Look what they produced last year. They know it's possible again.

Yes, if we had a decent showing, looked tough, and held them to a 21 point margin...we could say, "yes, dmac and the team gave it hell." This isn't a good t.u. team. Really. I'm sure the eagles are disappointed, like all of us, but this was a really bad start. Let's hope next week is a closer game.

Upset that they threw as much as they did?? So you were upset they threw for a total of 17 times and ran 43? 1.8 ypc and 0.9 yards per pass attempt. 15 total passing yards and 94 total yards. I said it yesterday when talking about ATM's system...our system sucks and will not allow us to EVER beat a good P5. Yeah, we will beat utep, fiu, So Miss, etc. but we will struggle against anyone who has any pulse on defense because of the philosophy that Mac has installed here at North Texas. Bottom line is that the offensive system sucks and puts unneeded pressure on the QB's because they live in 3rd & long when they are allowed to throw the football. Piss poor offensive philosophy mixed in with piss poor play calling results in 94 total yards and 4 interceptions. GMG and please God beat SMwho.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

Upset that they threw as much as they did?? So you were upset they threw for a total of 17 times and ran 43? 1.8 ypc and 0.9 yards per pass attempt. 15 total passing yards and 94 total yards. I said it yesterday when talking about ATM's system...our system sucks and will not allow us to EVER beat a good P5. Yeah, we will beat utep, fiu, So Miss, etc. but we will struggle against anyone who has any pulse on defense because of the philosophy that Mac has installed here at North Texas. Bottom line is that the offensive system sucks and puts unneeded pressure on the QB's because they live in 3rd & long when they are allowed to throw the football. Piss poor offensive philosophy mixed in with piss poor play calling results in 94 total yards and 4 interceptions. GMG and please God beat SMwho.

Damn, I hate to say it but I almost totally agree with you tonight, on everything you have posted. We have too many fans that roll over and accept a good kick to the nuts and say thank you.
  • Upvote 3

Today FCS level North Dakota State beat Iowa State in Aimes. It was their 5th straight year to get win over a P5 program. You will NEVER, EVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRR see them take the field in one of these games with that playing-not-to-lose, handoff straight ahead clock-running horseshit we rolled out there tonight.

Rick

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1