Hopes of Sellout are DEAD!

BIG DAWG

I don't see why everyone is freaking out already. It was a body bag game. Our D is solid. Maybe the QBs will settle down at home.

Simple, people thought Mac had changed this program into something that would make UT an ACTUAL FOOTBALL GAME, not a BODY BAG GAME.

In the end, we got an offense performance worse than anything a Dickey team ever rolled out... and he was admittedly trying to shorten the game.

• Upvote 1

No matter what some of you thought I did see some good signs from the team last night. I saw a defense (very young) who didn't quit. It was a defense which was outweighed by 52 pounds per man who was able to get 4 sacks on the Texas quarterback and a number of hits on him as well as many hurries. They didn't give up any 80 yard passes like we used to, and they played the whole game. It was a defense who had been talked about as being so young they would take time to gel. Well, I think they gelled pretty good makking Texas go four downs to score from the 3 yard line of which they didn'score on two down from the 1 yard line.

• Upvote 5

No matter what some of you thought I did see some good signs from the team last night. I saw a defense (very young) who didn't quit. It was a defense which was outweighed by 52 pounds per man who was able to get 4 sacks on the Texas quarterback and a number of hits on him as well as many hurries. They didn't give up any 80 yard passes like we used to, and they played the whole game. It was a defense who had been talked about as being so young they would take time to gel. Well, I think they gelled pretty good makking Texas go four downs to score from the 3 yard line of which they didn'score on two down from the 1 yard line.

Thank you for seeing and believing in the good things to come out of this young team!!!

• Upvote 1

You know what would help us get close to a sell out? Promotions. I'm told some schools are doing it, and it's just been legalized in Denton County.

Anyone who thinks our athletics program hasn't been doing everything and anything possible to promote this game OBVIOUSLY hasn't been in the GMG chat room for the past month.

Also, if our hopes of a sellout are dead now, all I have to say is: BIH, P.

Quit glossing over the obvious. dmac has an all time LOSING record. Please tell me what you see that will change that, after all these years.

Yea....he got us a HOD bowl title and over a dozen scouts out from the NFL for pro day and has generated interest in our team .....you're glossing over that.

I'm sorry don't know if you are aware he carried our team to a Bowl win last year. You probably somehow missed last season....

• Upvote 1

Yea....he got us a HOD bowl title and over a dozen scouts out from the NFL for pro day and has generated interest in our team .....you're glossing over that.

I'm sorry don't know if you are aware he carried our team to a Bowl win last year. You probably somehow missed last season....

one season doesn't make a career. Are you aware he has a losing record as a head coach? Only answer is yes or no.

Are you aware it takes time to rebuild after losing so many starters?!?!?!

Yes or no

And one person isn't going to ruin if for the rest of us- talking about you.....Being negative doesn't make you a fan only makes you look bitter

Edited by FanofUNT

74-105. The record is the record and only wins are going to change it. His "breakout" season at Iowa State was 9-3 in 2000 where they did finish ranked 23rd. After that he sandwiched two 7 win seasons in between a 2-10 effort and was fired after going 4-8 in his final season. They felt that he was wasting their time. His first 5 years at IA St before his "breakout" season he had 5 consecutive losing seasons...bad losing seasons. 13-42 his first 5 years to be exact. People have on the HoD goggles and forget all of this. Of the 12 years he was at Iowa State he finished in last place or tied for last place in the Big12 North seven of those 12 years. He won a share of the Big12 North in 2004 going 7-5(4-4). Which is irrelevant because the co-champion was Colorado which beat IA St and was the division representative in the Big12 Championship Game that year. Then of course he was 5-7 and 4-8 his first 2 seasons here at North Texas. Not to bash the man, because this is all public information, but in Mac do we really trust? -1 me all you want, but facts are facts and I am not naive to what is and what isn't. Standing half way up the mountain for one season is not going to put me at bay for the next 5 years. If this fiasco continues I will be vocal and the above information should force everyone us to be vocal. I am not jumping the gun here, I am simply preparing for the what could be. GMG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_McCarney

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 3

Go refer to Wikipedia and post stats what's to admit? I'm not to blame or at fault for anything. Can you admit we're not last years team. That's what hurts you the most and I see that and I'm sorry. :0(

I am not blaming you or saying you are at fault. I am simply asking a question, a very simple question with a very simple answer. Are you aware that DMac has an all time LOSING record. The only way to answer that is yes or no.
  • Downvote 2

Go refer to Wikipedia and post stats what's to admit? I'm not to blame or at fault for anything. Can you admit we're not last years team. That's what hurts you the most and I see that and I'm sorry. :0(

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/dan-mccarney-1.html

Better?

Nothing to do with this years team or last years team. McCarney's personal head coaching record tells a tale. The tale is that he can not consistently win. That's the tale. I don't know whether its recruiting, philosophy, coordinators, play-calling, developmental coaches, etc. I didn't follow IA St (nor do I now) back in the late 90's-early 00's, so I don't know. My guess is it's all of the above. We have ignorantly put a lot of stock in this coach and I am scratching my head asking why? A legitimate why? I am not jumping off the deep end here, I am just trying to take off some people's HoD goggles. 3-9, 4-8, and even 5-7 this year I will be vocal at this university. Going 1/4 will keep you around nowhere ever except for I guess Iowa State and North Texas. We need to be prepared to bitch loud.

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 1

Let me ask you this- now that you have highlighted the above and have pointed out something very very obvious. Now what?

you evaluate the options. You determine if DMac is the right person for the job. I tell you what you DONT do, you don't compare him to Dodge, or Parker, or any of the other terrible coaching hires we have made over the decades and say, we are better off now than we were then. You don't accept performances like this, you evaluate the coaching staff CONSTANTLY, and you make the necessary changes. One thing you dont do is ask the alumni to do the coaches jobs for them.
  • Downvote 1

you evaluate the options. You determine if DMac is the right person for the job. I tell you what you DONT do, you don't compare him to Dodge, or Parker, or any of the other terrible coaching hires we have made over the decades and say, we are better off now than we were then. You don't accept performances like this, you evaluate the coaching staff CONSTANTLY, and you make the necessary changes. One thing you dont do is ask the alumni to do the coaches jobs for them.

Absolutely. I have never been to jail, but if I were to go I would not just grab my ankles and let it happen.