Give me DAJON

GMG24

Why are Ivery and Evans not back on kickoff return... Harris ain't a game changer and neither is James jones... Our kickoff and punt return won't turn games around like last year.

Yeah, it was. And it was not meant as disrespect to Greer or Mcnulty. I just can't stand this idea and theory on here that just because guys fit the "bus-driver" mold, that automatically means they are going to be consistent and not turn the ball over. And that flashy guys are automatically turnover dangers.

I'm trying not to overreact because of how good this Texas D is. But I just hope we see the qb who gives us the best chance at winning us games. Not the qb who gives at the best chance at not losing. And if that's Greer or Mcnulty, I'm perfectly fine with that. As long as we see some improvement.

Texas D or not, this is the worst quarterbacking display we've seen in quite a while...'06?

it's apparent we've some serious skill position players on offense...Pegram was good, Wilson is going to be great...maybe even out-rush Jimmerson this season. the o-line performed as well as could be expected.

the blue-print this year is going to be even more pronounced than last from here on out...let possession football, defense and special teams win you games and hope again for just 2-3 "tulane games".

Texas D or not, this is the worst quarterbacking display we've seen in quite a while...'06?

it's apparent we've some serious skill position players on offense...Pegram was good, Wilson is going to be great...maybe even out-rush Jimmerson this season. the o-line performed as well as could be expected.

the blue-print this year is going to be even more pronounced than last from here on out...let possession football, defense and special teams win you games and hope again for just 2-3 "tulane games".

Wilson and Pegram hit the hole with authority, Jimmerson needs to quit dancing so much, especially when there is no room to dance.

Has NOTHING to do with race, everything to do with production... Hell he could not have done worse than what we displayed tonight. More TD Passes to the other team... We sucked a fat one at QB tonight

Edited by GMG24

Play calling played a big role in this putrid offensive output. Yeah..our Qb's suck, but the play calling sucked as well. It was the actual definition of insanity...same shit over and over and over expecting different results. There was no identity on offense. It was zone blocking out of shotgun for one drive then power out of I. And of course the QB play was absolutely pathetic and that is said with little to no credit to UT D. We had time to make throws and didn't make them. Chico didn't dial up any kind of quick release throws to offset the pass rush...it was an utter embarrassment for the offensive coaching staff tonight. Defense maned up and played well tonight. I was proud of the D..they were put in pitiful situations by the offense all night and held their ground respectably. Give me DW. I don't care how DW looked in the offseason...give me a capable body at QB and DW is surely at least as bad as the other two. GMG! Let's still try and pack Apogee for SMwho!!

The Big Problem with starting DW is that he did not really put in work in the offseason and still has not picked up many of the nuances necessary. If you begin to start players with those kinds of issues, then you get on that slippery slope that led to Texas hiring Strong. Because if you excuse and make exceptions for one player (for not putting in the work), then the other players begin to think that they should have exceptions too. Yes, DW would probably do better in the short-run, but in the longer run, he could be a program wrecker if he doesn't seriously buy into his responsibilities to the team and the program.

• Upvote 1

Play calling played a big role in this putrid offensive output. Yeah..our Qb's suck, but the play calling sucked as well. It was the actual definition of insanity...same shit over and over and over expecting different results. There was no identity on offense. It was zone blocking out of shotgun for one drive then power out of I. And of course the QB play was absolutely pathetic and that is said with little to no credit to UT D. We had time to make throws and didn't make them. Chico didn't dial up any kind of quick release throws to offset the pass rush...it was an utter embarrassment for the offensive coaching staff tonight. Defense maned up and played well tonight. I was proud of the D..they were put in pitiful situations by the offense all night and held their ground respectably. Give me DW. I don't care how DW looked in the offseason...give me a capable body at QB and DW is surely at least as bad as the other two. GMG! Let's still try and pack Apogee for SMwho!!

Play calling? Really? That's a new one...

The Big Problem with starting DW is that he did not really put in work in the offseason and still has not picked up many of the nuances necessary. If you begin to start players with those kinds of issues, then you get on that slippery slope that led to Texas hiring Strong. Because if you excuse and make exceptions for one player (for not putting in the work), then the other players begin to think that they should have exceptions too. Yes, DW would probably do better in the short-run, but in the longer run, he could be a program wrecker if he doesn't seriously buy into his responsibilities to the team and the program.

He has been here for a full year. If he hasn't gotten it by now, dismiss him from the team.

Understand what I am saying. If you believe he is the best player at his position, yet you downgrade him to third team because he doesn't put in the work, then he is already affecting your team in a negative way, so play him or dismiss him and give the scholarship to someone who can help the team.

It isn't rocket science.

• Upvote 5

I care about one thing, making plays when the lights come on. I don't give a flying flip if his work ethic in the weight room leaves something to be desired. He's 19 right? He still needs to grow up, that's where coaching and motivation comes in. I firmly believe DW would not have been that god awful whether he knows the entire playbook or not. He could have made 10-12 of the throws that were either picked or bounced to WR. Also, anyone notice them picking on McKinney and Kirby with blitzes?

This game really showed how far in the dog house Williams is. If you cannot get into a game where the two guys ahead of you completed 3 passes for 15 yards and threw 4 interceptions, then you aren't getting into any game until you do something different.

As for IslandEagle's point, that is obviously what is going on, however if the QB play continues to be this bad (which it can't right, i mean could it?) then you have to do something else or the entire team psyche will suffer.