UTSA leading 21-0 over Houston

Harry

So far, this thing is just a sloppy mess of epic proportions. Unforced TO's, airmailed passes, dropped balls. Awful.

The muffed punt/fumbled snap/punter dropping the snap sequence was especially entertaining.

I wish I was driving to Austin now instead of in the morning...

Edited by CaribbeanGreen

This UTSA team looks freaking good on Defense! This is a pretty good Houston team and they are making a game of it! Their defense, all of them, fly to the ball and are scrappy! Remind me of our team last year! I watched a special on them a couple weeks ago and this is the first group of Seniors they have had. The seniors mentioned this year is the first year they are eligible to go to a bowl game and get a ring... They are on a mission this year, we better be ready!!

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 2

Thank god we have Apogee! We couldn't recruit these days if we were still playing in Fouts! Apogee was needed more than can imagine! I bet in 10 years Apogee will be on the low end of average for mid-level FBS football teams considering how nice the new stadiums are being built; again I'm only referring FBS teams

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I like how the ESPN announcers are now questioning how good Houston is this year. They had a great year last year with most of their key guys coming back. I really think it's not Houston. It's more like UTSA is really that good this year and people are really just starting to see it. I felt the same way until we played them. I do feel that we could have beat them, we didn't play well that game. I'm glad they are in our conference and hope we spank em!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Less than 200 yards of offense combined by the 2 teams in the first half...not a great game

Yes, the offenses have started pretty slow. Offenses at the beginning of the season are usually a little behind the defenses and not in sync. I also believe these are two really good defenses with strong D-Lines.