DMNews prediction: Longhorns cruise past North Texas 45-13

Harry

Texas gets up early, running all over the Mean Green and scoring touchdowns on each of its first three possessions. The defense plays with the kind of energy and intensity Strong has been asking for all off-season, giving the Longhorns a 31-3 halftime lead. After a quick third quarter touchdown makes it 38-3, Swoopes replaces Ash and the reserves come in on defense. Swoopes struggles and North Texas starters score a garbage time touchdown against Texas backups.

Score: Texas 45, North Texas 13

Read more: http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/08/texas-prediciton-longhorns-cruise-past-north-texas-as-defense-stands-tall.html/

It's a shame a local paper would write this. I can tell you I will never buy a Dallas Morning News paper as long as this is the case. Not a dime!!

After we prove them wrong I'll write them an email on Monday explaining my position and reasons for not buying their paper. Two reasons, lack of respect and lack of knowledge when it comes to sports!

Go Mean Green, give em hell

Edited by MeanGreen01
  • Upvote 1

"Texas gets up early, running all over the Mean Green and scoring touchdowns on each of its first three possessions."

Eat a Bag of $h!t Stefan!!! Nice spelling by the way, what is this Kid 12 and probably the biggest T Sipp homer ever. I hope UNT wins so I can blast this J off on Twitter following the game.

Sorry Guys, he's got me fired up

• Upvote 2

On espn.com the line is 26 and the over/under is 49, so that would put it at 37.5-11.5. Around 38-12 wouldn't be too terrible but I'm still hoping for a bit better than that. Just over a day left, can't wait to see! Even more than seeing how we compete with UT, I'm hoping this will give us an idea of how good the new starters are. I'd love to see us win this, but if the new guys surprise us as much as we were surprised last year, I'll be happy to have a close game. If that's the case, there's a good chance we'd be able to sweep our remaining 11 games, which would be NICE.