For Texas Fans Only: Five Mean Green players to watch

Harry

When the North Texas Mean Green come to Austin on Saturday to face off against the Texas Longhorns in the 2014 season opener, there won't be a lot of recognizable names on head coach Dan McCarney's squad.

So let's take a look at five players Horns fans should get to know before the game.

Quarterback Josh Greer

The Navarro College transfer who succeeded Miles Onyegbule at quarterback for Arlington High, Greer wasn't named the starting quarterback for the Mean Green until Monday.

The 6'5, 220-pounder took a circuitous route to Denton, having chosen UAB over North Texas during his recruitment as a member of the 2012 class. Considered a pro-style prospect, Greer was a consensus two-star prospect who left Birmingham quickly and didn't manage to earn any more stars during his year in Corsicana, even though he won the SWJCFC championship in throwing for 256 yards and a touchdown.

After arriving during the spring, Greer beat out an older player in Andrew McNulty and Austin-area product Dajon Williams, who was simply too inconsistent with little seasoning out of Pflugerville Connally.

Since the North Texas offense tried to spread defenses out horizontally, look for the Mean Green coaches to ask Greer to make some simple passes to start out the game, while biding some time to take a shot or two.

read more: http://www.burntorangenation.com/football/2014/8/28/6077249/texas-longhorns-north-texas-mean-green-players-to-watch

There are indirect backhands littered through this write-up. Damn I would flip if we beat them!!!! GMG

Whoa whoa whoa...like what? I need examples...and then a name and address.

Depending on the seriousness of these slights, I have a follow up question: what's the last thing you'd like Mr. Eberts to see before he meets his end? I'd like to make this one special.

• Upvote 2