Your Expectations for Josh Greer

pastorgrant

Not sure about my expectation, but my hope is that Greer improves steadily over the next 3 seasons and he eventually becomes a qb we can rely on to not just be a game manager, but rather a qb who we can ask to throw the ball 40 times in a game and score us a lot of points. A guy who can win us a game where the other team has a decent point total as well. We lost 3 games last year where we couldn't out score a team whose point total was in the 20s.

A lot of people are forgetting, Greer is a sophomore and could be our qb for the next 3 seasons. He's the present and the future. There's been a lot of talk and hype about the younger qbs on the roster (Dajon and Means), but if Greer takes care of business those guys will be backups for the next 3 seasons. Also, if Greer takes care of business those two and Mcnulty will be battling for the number 2 job next spring and there will be no qb competition for once.

We have a lot of young talent on this roster who are in prime position to get a lot of experience over the next few years as well. If we can get a qb who can win us games, we could very well be the front runner in CUSA west going forward. Hopefully Greer can be that guy.

• Upvote 4

If people are going to compare Josh to DT they have to use DT's sophomore season as the comparison.

Yep.

And he's expected to appear like an NFL quarterback while playing quite possibly one of the best defenses this year in the big 12.

No pressure.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

Yep.

And he's expected to appear like an NFL quarterback while playing quite possibly one of the best defenses this year in the big 12.

No pressure.

While many on here assume he will be better than DT first game because DT was a terrible bowl winning MVP QB.

No pressure at all...

Edited by UNT90

• 1 year later...

I said average. That is only because of its his first year and an average QB is much better than we think..

Average would be about 50 to 75 in a ranking on all FBS schools. I we are looking at it from just a production perspective, Ill take that any day of the week.

my my my how wrong we all were he was all hype and suprize he was heavily recruited not once but twice by Chico. One career win at starter and only because SMU was a rotting corpse like another team I know of but his passes were high and wide and only completed because SMU corner backs let our wr's run back to the ball. Grate arm smoking fast ball but never could throw strikes. Enter Air Mcnaulty but that's a different chuckle.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Didn't realize this thread was from before last season at first and thought bad thoughts. Like we had somehow already named Greer our starter for 2016. I was about to jump ship.

sorry I was reading old history and had to mock our plan last year. We don't have a coach yet to set a depth chart . Is Greer returning next year or gone.

• Upvote 1

I would be shocked if Greer returned. I see a transfer to an FCS in his future, a move that would be good for both parties. 

with a brand new slate and possibly a better coaching staff, I bet he stays.  His dad already stated he has plans to coach down the line, so I expect him to stick around.  Even when he us not on the field, if he plans on coaching, then he is working on his other career.

• Upvote 1

I would be shocked if Greer returned. I see a transfer to an FCS in his future, a move that would be good for both parties. 

he lacks skills needed for a decent qb if he some how went back to highschool he would have at best a hard time winning the starting job let alone starting for any college Division one two three or NAIA. Mac was wrong about dejon Mcnaulty and Demarcus and might have been wrong about Conner means but was right about Greer . As Randy Galloway " he's KP(KANT PLAY)"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2