HOD Bowl replay on Horns Network

bstnsportsfan3

I get it free here in Waco on my Grande Cable, and have already set to record it. I was there on the 45 yard line 21 rows up among more UNT fans than UNLV fans on their side, and we gave all of them he__. They were goods sports about it though. I told them they would score first and it would be close at the half and we would take off the second half, which is exaxtly what happened.

• Upvote 2

This is great to be on Longhorn Network, good visibility.

I had forgotten how slow of a start we got in the HOD game. Tons of penalties on us in the 1st quarter which was not usually the case last year!! Gosh, what a fun freaking year it was to be a Mean Green Fan! Hoping 2014 will be another special year! If it is, especially with our team being so young, we are in for several more years of good times.....winning sure is fun!!

• Upvote 1

Looking at the attendance.....had we played someone that would've brought some fans....at least as many as we did, we could've had conservatively, 60K-65K at that game. Would've been one of the better attended bowls.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/01/college_football_2013-14_bowl.html

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2

2 dropped pick 6s in the 1st half. Plus a blocked FG for a TD that was called back due to UNT calling a TO right before the snap to ice the kicker (hate that move).

Easily could have been 28-7 at the half and a real blow out by the 4th.

And despite that, it was still a blow out. UNLV was totally overmatched in that game. 2nd half domination on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

I forgot just how good Carlos Harris is. He will help ease the pain of losing Brelan this year

Carlos was in Brelan's shadow for the last couple years because BC had that top end speed that most teams can't match.

But Harris is due some serious credit: what he lacked in speed behind Brelan he makes up for in core strength, balance, and - for lack of better term - slippery as hell. Tough kid to bring down. Works for every inch. And I would never put the "slow" label on him, for sure.

I like him. I think he is really fun to watch.

• Upvote 3