Coach Mac unveils UNT 2-Deep: Josh Greer starts at QB

golfingomez

I think it says the Greer kid is quarterback; but, it doesn't say they are moving Dajon to DB like Mack Brown or Bobby Stoops would be tempted to do to get his "athleticism" on the field, right? Without turning the ball over...with the "athleticism"...but, instead, creating turnovers...with the "athleticism."

Because, as we all know, there is only two type of football "athleticism": 40 yard dash speed (out of pads) and quarterbacks running the ball instead of throwing it.

Strength, agility, and intelligence mean nothing in football. They are big wastes of time, right? Like, we should just have Zach Paul play quarterback if we can just teach him to turn around and hand off the ball.

Brock Berglund.

Fags.

As was pointed out to me a little bit back, DJ is not an athletic quarterback. A tall, lanky kid that apparently can throw a rocket.

• Upvote 2

Good points -

Let me add a few...

Sid Moore listed as #1. Do not discount what a good football player this kid is and what an impact he could make. He's a redshirt freshman starting against Texas.

Does it not seem like Erick Evans and Rex Rollins have sort of disappeared with Ivery and Wilson showing up?

How is it that Blake Macek lost his starting job - that guy had one of the most outstanding seasons at punter I have seen? Keena must be the %hit.

Saying its the best special teams we have had without Chancellor is pretty telling...

Sheldon Wade is a guy I can't wait to watch -- what a great story he has been... and of course KiShawn got a lot of praise.. Dash's stock must have fallen

SSP will be happy to see John at #2 behind Lee.

Like the theory of not a superstar d-lineman but lots of solid ones...mentions zero Wallace.

Tillman Johnson is going to be fun to watch and he gave a lot of love to Chad Polk.

I thought it was interesting to see that Calvin Minor has worked his way into the two deep. No mention of Blake Bean.

Still seems disappointed in Loving but has to say he could help us.

Proud of how how Travis Ellard has worked his way up to the top.

See ^^ post...

Minor, Smiley and Polk have earned their positions. Look really good.

And yes.... I'm happy. Schilleci has had a very consistent spring and summer and looks like a completely different guy out there. He's got some competition with Dash, but that's good, right?

• Upvote 1

SSP is right, there has to be something missing in Dajon or otherwise he would be playing or at least on the 2 deep.

Glad to see Teegarden on the list, have been rooting for him since he arrived on campus.

Also Banagu, he must have had a whale of a camp!

Wanted to see Flusche on there but he must still have some work to do.

• Upvote 2

Some surprises:

Matt Dash not on the 2-deep (they were making him out to be the likely starter a couple of weeks ago)

Pegram starting at RB over Jimmerson (I like the call, but still a little surprising)

Teegarden making the 2-deep (shouldn't be a surprise, but his name hasn't popped up much lately), no Chelf

Agree w/points 1 & 3.

Pegram = Byrd, so I'm not surprised there. Our running game is going to look just like it has for the past 2yrs w/Byrd & Jimmerson, except now it's Pegram & Jimmerson.

• Upvote 1

I'm really surprised Evans wasn't mentioned. I didn't expect him to beat out Jimmerson or Pegram, but if Wilson and Ivory beat him out they must be incredible. Either that or health and/or fumbleitis got him. Sounds like they are just that good though.

Also surprised no Chelf

Edited by pastorgrant
  • Upvote 1

SSP is right, there has to be something missing in Dajon or otherwise he would be playing or at least on the 2 deep.

Glad to see Teegarden on the list, have been rooting for him since he arrived on campus.

Also Banagu, he must have had a whale of a camp!

Wanted to see Flusche on there but he must still have some work to do.

Mac keeps mentioning Dajon in passing during these interviews. It makes me think he hasn't totally given up on the kid.

• Upvote 3

You guys need to get over this DW thing. Obviously there something there otherwise he would be playing.... There's no conspiracy.

And Mac again brought up DW's maturity in the video...

I don't think anyone is questioning Mac's judgement as much as just wishing DW would put it all together because we (I, at least) think he is the most physically talented QB on the roster.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 3

And Mac again brought up DW's maturity in the video...

I don't think anyone is questioning Mac's judgement as much as just wishing DW would put it all together because we (I, at least) think he is the most physically talented QB on the roster.

I hope he ends up winning the Heisman here, but apparently no one but NT saw that potential coming out of HS. He has got one more year than Greer (and probably ahead of Means), so maybe that future is still in the cards.

Edited by foutsrouts
  • Upvote 2

Yeah and he's pretty much implying that he should be listed as starting.

Looks like trice said he thought one of Harris or Terrell were playing outside, Terrell confirmed and said both are unless the "11" package (1 tight end 1 running back) is in and in that case, Terrell moves inside.

I don't know if he's correct, but that seems to be what he's saying.

• Upvote 1