Remind me again why we love the Dodges so much

emmitt01

He's an opponent now, so treat him as an opponent. Just as he should do to us. That doesn't change the sacrifices he made to try to help the Mean Green turn the corner. No one person is under any obligation to respect those sacrifices. I do. If you don't, that's fine. I just don't get the obsession some have with trying to demonize Riley.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Aren't coaches tweets designed to pump up the fanbase? Wouldn't a "I'm thankful for the time I spent in Denton, and am privileged to face them" be a bit weird to fans?

• Upvote 3

Not sure what you want him to say here...

this is the same board that got a reaction when it was REPORTED by a fan's FRIEND, that Charlie Strong told his PLAYERS in PRACTICE, that he wants them to play really well and beat us bad and will be disappointed if they don't

• Upvote 6

He's an opponent now, so treat him as an opponent. Just as he should do to us. That doesn't change the sacrifices he made to try to help the Mean Green turn the corner. No one person is under any obligation to respect those sacrifices. I do. If you don't, that's fine. I just don't get the obsession some have with trying to demonize Riley.

Agreed. I went to the Texas fan day. My kids got hundreds of autographs while we were there. I got one. It was Bruce Chambers. He was polite and shook my hand but also said "I can't wait to get ahold of North Texas". He is doing his job much like Craig Way does. If we were playing Iowa or Iowa State, Coach Mac would still have to be pro-Mean Green because that is his livelihood. I do think that Chambers was impressed with my Mean Green pride in seeking him out though.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 4

Always liked the guy...he would even be well within his rights to say "hell yeah I wanna beat them, they ran my family through the ringer" but he chose to focus the tweet on his team. He's always been a classy fella. Though Todge was certainly a frustrating circus, no reason to be so down on the guy...He was a tough SOB.

• Upvote 4

I'm looking forward to this same type of post when coach McCarney gets geared up to beat Iowa next year.

I'm looking forward to this same type of post when coach McCarney gets geared up to beat Iowa next year.

I was unaware that Mac's dad took a huge dump on the Iowa program, blamed Iowa as a "no win scenario, and then got a free pass to sainthood from their fanbase cuz he was just "so darn classy".

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 10

I was unaware that Mac's dad took a huge dump on the Iowa program, blamed Iowa as a "no win scenario, and then got a free pass to sainthood from their fanbase cuz he was just "so darn classy".

WTF are you talking about? Don't remember Todge ever bad mouthing the school or the program. Quite the opposite. My memory might be failing, but if you could offer examples of his "no win scenario" quotes. I'd obliged to change my mind.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

WTF are you talking about? Don't remember Todge ever bad mouthing the school or the program. Quite the opposite. My memory might be failing, but if you could offer examples of his "no win scenario" quotes. I'd obliged to change my mind.

Talk to Southlake folks some time. The story there was that "North Texas just ruined his legacy".

• Upvote 1

Talk to Southlake folks some time. The story there was that "North Texas just ruined his legacy".

What? The dozen plus Southlake people I see on a regular basis all say the NT experience shows Dodge wasn't ready to be a FBS head coach yet. I've never heard any of them say if was NTs fault. Are you talking to people who had kids in HS while Dodge was there?

What? The dozen plus Southlake people I see on a regular basis all say the NT experience shows Dodge wasn't ready to be a FBS head coach yet. I've never heard any of them say if was NTs fault. Are you talking to people who had kids in HS while Dodge was there?

Actually just after he left.