McCarney to announce UNT QB starter this afternoon

Harry

This is what I expect to hear "player X will be out there for the first series but you'll also see plenty of player Y"

This is what I expect to hear "player X will be out there for the first series but you'll also see plenty of player Y"

That's actually a strong possibility.

I'm sorry, but if that's the case then we're not going down there to win.

Tap the brakes.

Say we get into goal line situations - pretend Greer has led us downfield - due to the fact that McNulty is the faster of the two and that UT's D line is formidable especially with a shrunken field - I think it totally plausible and reasonable to put in McNulty to give you another option of getting the ball into the end zone.

• Upvote 2

We start Greer to pretend like were are going to open it up and pass, but we wont. Once we realize UT is going to play us for the run no matter what, then we put in McNulty.

Im really hoping Greer getting the start means more throwing and being more aggressive, but I will believe it when I see it.

Tap the brakes.

Say we get into goal line situations - pretend Greer has led us downfield - due to the fact that McNulty is the faster of the two and that UT's D line is formidable especially with a shrunken field - I think it totally plausible and reasonable to put in McNulty to give you another option of getting the ball into the end zone.

Unless you have a Blake Bell type who can bulldoze his way in I don't agree with doing that at all. And since UT's dline is so strong I'd rather have a QB who's more capable of fitting the ball in a tight spot.

Tap the brakes.

THIS.

And the fact that we have no idea what either of these quarterbacks are going to do in a live game situation. There's really not enough history or film on either one of these guys to know what they're going to do. It's pretty obvious who has the edge when you're watching practice.... But practice isn't game time. And it's definitely not gametime in front of 90,000 people. If our starter doesn't find a groove, we will obviously see the other quarterback. And if he does find a groove- and the game goes really well or really bad: I think we still see second string.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 3