Marshall, North Texas frontrunners in C-USA

Harry

The 2014 Conference USA lineup could turn out to be deep if all goes according to plan. A 13-team league this season (Charlotte will join as a full-time member in 2015), C-USA should have no problems filling its five bowl tie-ins.

The knowledge that those bowl spots are out there gives WKU added motivation seeing as it came from a league where two of the last three seasons it couldnt get a postseason spot despite a winning record.

Theres a lot of stability now where were at, WKU coach Jeff Brohm said. Theres a lot of opportunities if we succeed and do well, so theres a lot of motivation to win, but we also understand that every week its going to be extremely tough and weve just got to take it one game at a time. You hear that a lot, but we have to do that and focus on that and becoming the best players and team we can be.

Read more: http://www.bgdailynews.com/sports/wku/marshall-north-texas-frontrunners-in-c-usa/article_02d8d652-3804-547d-9f16-2a22af861d99.html?mode=jqm

I don't see how we are considered favorites with only 9 returning starters and unresolved quarterback status, I put us behind UTSA and Rice. Also, FAU is better than a 6&6 team, as they lost several close games last year. Besides SMU, I think they might be the most dangerous home game we have.

I think the reason they are showing us respect is because Mac rotated so many players in an out they figure we will just continue on with what we have especially the offensive line which is well respected and some of the good freshmen and just continue on like we were last year. There is a lot of respect for Mac out there no matter what some might think and they figure he will just reload and continue on. Mac has that tv reputation from Iowa State that once he gets a program going

It will be fairly good every year.

• Upvote 2

I don't see how we are considered favorites with only 9 returning starters and unresolved quarterback status, I put us behind UTSA and Rice. Also, FAU is better than a 6&6 team, as they lost several close games last year. Besides SMU, I think they might be the most dangerous home game we have.

They very easily could have been 8-4 or 9-3. They lost several very close games, and lost them in some really weird ways, as I recall.

The will beat Marshall. You heard it here first.