North End Zone "Black" Lot now has numbered assigned spaces

rws69

I was up in Denton today and noticed the parking spaces in the north lot are now numbered for assigned parking. In case you are in that lot and wondering where your space is, I made a note of the numbers. There are three north-south aisles with a row on each side, making six rows total. Best way to follow this is to have a satellite view open on a separate screen.

The row on the west side starts with space 001 (nearest the stadium) and ends at space 033. The next row (same aisle) continues with space 034 (at north end) and ends with space 062 (nearest stadium).

In the middle aisle, the third row starts with space 065 (nearest the stadium) and ends with space 095. The fourth row starts with space 096 (at the north end) and ends with space 125 (nearest the stadium). I don't know where spaces 063 and 064 are, or if I wrote one down incorrectly.

The third aisle nearest the alumni pavilion does not appear to be finished, but the fifth row starts with space 126 (nearest the stadium) and the numbering stops at space 141 about halfway. Of course the disabled spaces are numbered separately. Otherwise the spaces in the sixth row are not marked yet, but I did notice some painters tape marking where the numbers might go.

Anybody in rows 1, 4, 5, or 6 will have some grass at the head of their space. Those at the end of any row will have plenty of grass space for tailgating.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 4

Not that I care, but were numbered spots really necessary in this lot?

Seem that it would create more problems than it would solve.

As my comment above stated it very well may cause a problem if it is not policed. If someone takes your spot and you take someone else's the avalanche effect takes place. I'm getting their early if I can actually get my wife out of the door :) Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2

Not that I care, but were numbered spots really necessary in this lot?

Seem that it would create more problems than it would solve.

Exactly, a waste of time and money to number them. If there are 200 spaces then issue 200 parking mirror-hangers and no more = done. It's first come, first serve on the location. Otherwise, numbered spaces, WILL get taken if not policed and someone desires a better spot.

• Upvote 1

Exactly, a waste of time and money to number them. If there are 200 spaces then issue 200 parking mirror-hangers and no more = done. It's first come, first serve on the location. Otherwise, numbered spaces, WILL get taken if not policed and someone desires a better spot.

Ride the train up early and let the wife hassle with the parking!!

• Upvote 2