Seating left for the SMU game

Harry

Im not sure of how long RV and smu have been working on the scheduling, but I wonder if the HOD turnout had anything to do with scheduling this series.

No this was in place well before the HOD game. This was a major win for UNT to lock in a 12-year home and home with SMU, something we have tried to do for decades. It often gets ignored but it is probably the biggest series we have landed in the time I have followed the program because it is like an additional home game for both teams give the proximity. It also doubles the media coverage in DFW. It is the first true rivalry game we have EVER had for any significant length of time since back in the Fry days when we played UTA every year. GMG

I want this game to be a sellout. Having said that, I was able to buy 20 seats together for my Kiwanis Club yesterday (TH 8-14) in section 112 (dead center end zone). I asked if the game would sell out and was given the typical athletic department answer, "it depends on how we do at Texsa."

I don't know if the Ticketmaster map on the preceding page updates with every sale but scrolling from section to section there were still a good many seats available. Although some were single seats only.

Beat Texsa

Then beat Southern Meth

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1

I been waiting for this series to start since it was announced and I have been thinking that this game at Apogee for the last few years as the most likely sell out we have scheduled. I am so disappointed at the time it is scheduled, and I feel it will be a missed opportunity. It seems the AD never learns its fans at North Texas or lack of.

That said I hope it is packed and a true sell out.

Since when does the AD control the networks tv scheduling? Either we are happy to be televised all year or not but can't have it both ways. When you are on tv you lose some autonomy.

I don't care, call me sour grapes, I would rather have a complete sellout than be on TV one time, especially for this game. I want it loud.

Does the temperature really make that big of a difference to someone walking out of their house at 10am to go to a ball game?

Yes. Parents aren't going to take their kids out to get fried at a football game, and a lot of students will opt out since they get the brunt of the heat (although with an 11AM start time, the only people in the shade will be in the club). The picture below is from 3:00 PM last year against Ball State, and I'm sure this game will be well over by then.

Mean-Green-Football-0286.jpg

Edited by ColoradoEagle

Yes. Parents aren't going to take their kids out to get fried at a football game, and a lot of students will opt out since they get the brunt of the heat (although with an 11AM start time, the only people in the shade will be in the club). The picture below is from 3:00 PM last year, and I'm sure this game will be well over by then.

I can appreciate that, but I think that if 30% of our attendance in a big game (one of just 6 home games all year) depends entirely on the weather, we have bigger problems at UNT.

I can appreciate that, but I think that if 30% of our attendance in a big game (one of just 6 home games all year) depends entirely on the weather, we have bigger problems at UNT.

They had the same problem last year at TCU (against Kansas, no less). It's just the wrong time of day to have an early September game in Texas.

34DT4AP.jpg

• Upvote 1

the only positive of having the game at 11AM is this

Texas A&M vs Lamar 6:30PM

Texas vs BYU 6:30PM

Texas Tech vs UTEP 10PM

Baylor vs Northwestern St. 6:30PM

Hosuton vs Grambling 7PM

UTSA plays on Thursday

Rangers vs Mariners 7:05PM

Astros vs Oakland 3PM

Oklahoma St. vs Missouri 2:30PM

the only conflicting game at that time (in our area) is Oklahoma vs Tulsa

we don't have to worry about competing with other markets

Texas Tech vs UTEP 10PM

Hosuton vs Grambling 7PM

UTSA plays on Thursday

Astros vs Oakland 3PM

Nice find. This is positive in terms of casuals not having that excuse of, "I want to catch the other game(s)."
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Hey lookit - do what you can to spread the word. If you are alumni fan make sure and use up all your tickets and convince your neighbors and friends to come.

If you are a student talk it up on campus and get your roommates to join you...

Everyone should do their part. That is all we can do. I will be disappointed if it doesn't sell out but I refuse to let that take away from the fun I plan on having at this game.

Texas Tech vs UTEP 10PM

Hosuton vs Grambling 7PM

UTSA plays on Thursday

Astros vs Oakland 3PM

lol at people who would skip a game to watch the Rangers this season.

All depends on the weather that day. 88 degrees and partly cloudy...sellout or close to sellout. 100+ not a cloud in the sky...20-25k.

Other than perhaps students, I think the vast majority who will be there will have made up their minds to be there long before game day. Unusually severe weather (t-storms, 100+, etc.) might cause people to let their tickets go to waste, but otherwise I'd expect them to follow through on whichever way they'd planned.

• Upvote 1

my thoughts too. I don't have faith that a lot of the tailgaters will get in for kickoff but I'm thinking there will be a full away side by the end of the 1st quarter.

Will the UNT students be able to make it back from Lubbock, Austin, Waco, or College Station by 11 AM?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2