Anybody just watch the Denton Hotel/Conv Center story on channel 8?

Harry

Just caught it, looks like things are progressing --- hotel will be awesome. Hopefully we can pull the video off of their site and put it up for those who missed it. gmg

PS here's an earlier discussion on this topic in case you missed it:

I think it is up in the air right now due to CIty Council trying to decide whether or not to put it on the citizens to vote it in or city council to be leaders and make the decision based on what is best for the city. I dont think a decision will be made until August 12th.

http://rodenfordenton.com/2014/08/a-time-to-lead-the-councils-decision-on-the-proposed-convention-center/

• Upvote 1

I think it is up in the air right now due to CIty Council trying to decide whether or not to put it on the citizens to vote it in or city council to be leaders and make the decision based on what is best for the city. I dont think a decision will be made until August 12th.

http://rodenfordenton.com/2014/08/a-time-to-lead-the-councils-decision-on-the-proposed-convention-center/

city council to be leaders? In Denton? Not going to happen.
  • Upvote 3

I'm generally for the center - but the city and the two universities had better be ready to line up events to run. It'd be pretty awful if the convention center went up and the bill for it was handed to Denton taxpayers because no one wants to hold an event there. I don't want it to be our version of a failed pro sports team stadium.