Coach Chico comments on all of the UNT 2014 Practices

Harry

He was mostly roasted for it once he quit winning conference titles. And that was when he really went into his bunker mentality.

No, there was a loud group who wanted him gone in the midst of the bowl seasons. There was just also a loud group who wanted him to stay. When he stopped winning the group defending him suddenly went mute.

• Upvote 1

Hoping Kidsey fills Smith's role/stats. If we can get more out of him, gravvy.

Kidsy has been one of the more underrated recruiting coups under Coach Mccarney. Offers from Miami (OH), Fresno State, Illinois, and Utah.

http://cle.scout.com/a.z?s=149&p=8&c=1&nid=6207079

I'm excited to see how Kidsy has developed as a receiver. He's very good after the catch.

• Upvote 1

Means with another shout out.

Hmmmm.

It'll be interesting to see where Means fits next year. If Mcnulty or Greer has a so-so year, is the competition re-opened again next spring?

Means is an interesting case. He has performed very well, but his high school stats were not great. There are plenty of examples of qbs not having great high school stats, but looked the part and had great college careers.

Case Keenum barely threw over 50% completion and had 12 tds against 13 ints in high school. Sam Bradford threw 19 tds against 15 ints his senior year of high school. But they looked the part and had the tools. Hopefully the same applies for Means.

https://rivals.yahoo.com/houston/football/recruiting/player-Case-Keenum-36272

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Sam-Bradford-31616

• Upvote 1

Jimmy had a good scrimmage the other day. One of the biggest things that we noticed was that there were A LOT of incomplete passes. With that being said- the defense is usually a couple of steps ahead of the offense at this point in the year so, we'll see. There was a lot of concern about our defense at the beginning of spring, but we all thought they looked pretty damn good.

Means will red shirt definitely unless something really weird happens. Greer looked really solid, but they will give McNulty every chance in the world to earn his spot. I would put money on Mcnulty starting at Texas.

• Upvote 3

Jimmy had a good scrimmage the other day. One of the biggest things that we noticed was that there were A LOT of incomplete passes. With that being said- the defense is usually a couple of steps ahead of the offense at this point in the year so, we'll see. There was a lot of concern about our defense at the beginning of spring, but we all thought they looked pretty damn good.

Means will red shirt definitely unless something really weird happens. Greer looked really solid, but they will give McNulty every chance in the world to earn his spot. I would put money on Mcnulty starting at Texas.

It's the Mac way. No matter what McNulty does we'll be fed the experience/ leadership line. May as well rename Greer Osborn and just forget Dajon ever existed.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I kept telling all of you about Ivory, he is the real deal. He did everything at Sulphur Springs, who wasva playoff team every year and won state when he was a sophmore. My job carried me up there a couple of times a year and they had replays of the games on the local tv station. That is how I saw him and was pleased when we got him.

• Upvote 1

I kept telling all of you about Ivory, he is the real deal. He did everything at Sulphur Springs, who wasva playoff team every year and won state when he was a sophmore. My job carried me up there a couple of times a year and they had replays of the games on the local tv station. That is how I saw him and was pleased when we got him.

Yeah, he's a stud. He's going to be a real weapon for us going forward. Possibly in the rushing game, receiving game, and return game. I wonder if our coaches will give him a shot in the return game this year.

Sulphur springs won the state championship back in 2008, not his sophomore year. Ivery was a 7th grader. Mason Y'Barbo was a junior on that team.

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to think all Mcnulty has to do to get a shout-out is show up.

We have heard several times from these coaches (including Wintrich) that Mini Mac out works just about everyone on the practice field and has since he got here. I don't question his work ethic at all, Greer's neither. Both are fighting for a chance to lead a good FBS football team and have strong work ethics, they aren't going to let up. I'd be surprised if either misses out on a shout out.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I question whether McNulty can NOT turn the ball over during live game action.

He has shown the propensity to be very turnover prone in his short time in live game situations.

This is why it is so weird that he is actually leading the QB competition this late in the game.

Also, expect a starter to be named after this week's Saturday scrimmage.

• Upvote 1

I question whether McNulty can NOT turn the ball over during live game action.

He has shown the propensity to be very turnover prone in his short time in live game situations.

This is why it is so weird that he is actually leading the QB competition this late in the game.

Also, expect a starter to be named after this week's Saturday scrimmage.

I think you could claim that DT was also turnover prone based on his TD/INT ratio.

When it comes to McNulty starting this season I think back to Richard Abbe. The seasons leading up to last he really didn't do much. Then last season he blossomed a bit, made some plays and did what our defense needed him to do. Maybe the same will hold true for McNulty. Maybe he blooms into a world class bus driver this season.

Whomever is running the show at QB i think the certainty is that their leash will be very very short.

• Upvote 4