Notes and tidbits from the Mean Green Club event

Harry

I swung by UNTs Mean Green Club event at Apogee Stadium tonight to see what was said (and to be perfectly honest, grill everyone I could find for information like a cheep steak).

Heres a rundown of what went down

The event is held every year to honor Mean Green Club reps. The reps raised $266,780 last year.

20 percent of UNTs athletic scholarships are covered by the Mean Green Club.

UNT honored a series of reps for their contributions, including: Alan White (District 1), David and Julie Anderson (District 2), Todd Samuels (District 3), David Fast (District 4), Jim Fincher (District 5), Luke Condor (District 6), and Eddy Matchette (District 7).

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2014/07/notes-and-tidbits-from-the-mean-green-club-event.html/

Shout out to Alan White (District 1), David and Julie Anderson (District 2), Todd Samuels (District 3), David Fast (District 4), Jim Fincher (District 5), Luke Condor (District 6), and Eddy Matchette (District 7). Thanks to these good UNT fans and alums for their hard work!

Shout out to Alan White (District 1), David and Julie Anderson (District 2), Todd Samuels (District 3), David Fast (District 4), Jim Fincher (District 5), Luke Condor (District 6), and Eddy Matchette (District 7). Thanks to these good UNT fans and alums for their hard work!

Absolutely. Thank you.

Same helmets as last year? Damn sure better not be those butt ugly toothpaste green with North Texas on them.

I don't think we could call them butt ugly. But I'm sure most of us agree that we want to see the Eagle on the helmets over the North Texas. Including me personally, the green unis are great! just add that eagle into the mix!

I don't think we could call them butt ugly. But I'm sure most of us agree that we want to see the Eagle on the helmets over the North Texas. Including me personally, the green unis are great! just add that eagle into the mix!

I believe we can call them butt ugly, I just did:) The green uni's are great but the helmet isn't.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

The best name of the night...Eddy Machette.

The Club Level at Apogee was packed last evening. Great food and I sat with some Mean Green fans I had not met. Good fun.

Coach MaC and Rick V. stated that NT was not just going to Austin for a paycheck. The paycheck is important, as Rick stressed, but its better to get a check and a win (have we ever won a money game ?). I spoke with Coach MaC later and he also said that he didn't care about the pay day. They wanted to play and beat the horns.

Thanks to all the volunteer reps that help keep Mean Green Club members current and look for new members.

If you are not a Mean Green Club member, now is your opportunity. Don't wait to be asked. call (940) 565-2662 and ask where to send your check.

Beat Texsa

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 5