ESPN Predicts the UNT vs. UT-Austin score

Harry

We had 7 rushing yards vs. Georgia. 7. That will change. Our big boys up front lead the way and set the tough physical tone and we run, run, run, run, run and run some more. You could say we'll "run...to set up the run" Throw in some option reads. Hit 'em with a play-action. Take advantage of what they give us. We are going down there to win a football game. Why is it so hard for you to believe? Your post is basically accepting losing already. "We don't accept losing" - Coach Mac

Why? Honestly, we couldn't run against anyone last season and now we've got a huge question mark at the quarterback position, so teams haven't any reason to do anything but key-in on the run game. What makes you think it's going to be better the very first game of the season, on the road, against a team that's decidedly deeper -- and better at the run -- than our squad?

No one's saying we're not going to Austin to win -- many of us are going in hopes of seeing a win, and spending a good bit of money to do so -- but some of us aren't going under the delusion that we're an "even" match for Texas, and that the only way we lose if the refs hand it to the 'horns.

• Upvote 1

Why? Honestly, we couldn't run against anyone last season and now we've got a huge question mark at the quarterback position, so teams haven't any reason to do anything but key-in on the run game. What makes you think it's going to be better the very first game of the season, on the road, against a team that's decidedly deeper -- and better at the run -- than our squad?

No one's saying we're not going to Austin to win -- many of us are going in hopes of seeing a win, and spending a good bit of money to do so -- but some of us aren't going under the delusion that we're an "even" match for Texas, and that the only way we lose if the refs hand it to the 'horns.

Why? Because I believe in every single one of our players to get the job done. That's all. I believe they will accept the challenge and show tremendous resolve. I believe they'll play for the man beside them and go to war for the honor & fame & glory of UNT.

You can call me delusional, I've been called that all year. Mostly by Horn fans, but also among the Mean Green faithful. The US hockey team wasn't supposed to beat Russia. Appalachian St wasn't supposed to win in the Big House. NC State wasn't supposed to survive and advance. Jack Nicklaus was too old & washed up to win another Masters. Sports are full of miracle moments. Underdogs win games all the time that they are not supposed to win. Why Not North Texas? #Believe

• Upvote 2

Why? Because I believe in every single one of our players to get the job done. That's all. I believe they will accept the challenge and show tremendous resolve. I believe they'll play for the man beside them and go to war for the honor & fame & glory of UNT.

You can call me delusional, I've been called that all year. Mostly by Horn fans, but also among the Mean Green faithful. The US hockey team wasn't supposed to beat Russia. Appalachian St wasn't supposed to win in the Big House. NC State wasn't supposed to survive and advance. Jack Nicklaus was too old & washed up to win another Masters. Sports are full of miracle moments. Underdogs win games all the time that they are not supposed to win. Why Not North Texas? #Believe

I assure, I, as well as every other Mean Green faithful in Austin on the 30th, will share this very same sentiment when the game begins.

• Upvote 1

The teams that win these types of David vs Goliath matchups (and that's what this is---the gap is beyond huge at this point in time) tend to be returning experience at QB. Appalachian St, North Dakota St, LaMo, Ark St, etc all returned experienced and *mostly* all-conference level talent at QB. Had we had last year's team going into this game, I'd be more confident.

If we are able to keep this game close, it means that our front 7 is going to be fine, but most importantly that we'll have a pretty good answer at QB.

• Upvote 3

The teams that win these types of David vs Goliath matchups (and that's what this is---the gap is beyond huge at this point in time) tend to be returning experience at QB. Appalachian St, North Dakota St, LaMo, Ark St, etc all returned experienced and *mostly* all-conference level talent at QB. Had we had last year's team going into this game, I'd be more confident.

If we are able to keep this game close, it means that our front 7 is going to be fine, but most importantly that we'll have a pretty good answer at QB.

Yep. Keep it 24 or under means good things come conference time.

And that is the most important thing, after all.

• Upvote 4

I just hope we come with a decent plan on offense. If we are going to run the ball, then lets do it then. Lets stop all the formations and trickery and acting like we are going to throw, and still hand it off. If we are going to be a running team, then put the best running qb in there then.

A fake passing game wont fool anyone. If we are going to throw, then take some decent shots and try to make big plays.

Bringing out multiple sets and personel, just to run it or dump it off is not confusing anyone. its only creating more for our guys to remember and keeping playmakers off the field.

There's only one Prediction on this Game that I can make right now. It's going to be hotter than Hades, even IF it is a 7:00 PM Kickoff! Barring of course, the chance of a Storm from the Gulf 'cooling' things down...

Guess I shouldn't gripe, since it should be cooler up here on the Front Range, but I'll have to put up with T-Sips (and Pig Soo-ies), since the only Place that shows the Bevo Network up here is their Alumni Watering Hole. Now I somewhat know how the Farmers to the East of Austin felt a couple years ago.. Go Green! Screw t.u. and that POS Band that STILL wears Uniforms from Back to the Future III!!!

• Upvote 1

Screw t.u. and that POS Band that STILL wears Uniforms from Back to the Future III!!!

Yeah, I'd just like to point out that IF our band were to show up, we would absolutely embarrass the UT band. I'd pay just to watch that. Any word on if they're making the trek?

• Upvote 2

Unt can do strang feats sometimes we ith coach directing things. You can beat he eill have us a good game plan.

Just wait and see all of you will be surprised.

Go A Mean Green beat U T. Which has the same abreviation

as Tennessee, and you know E hat happened when our coach

Fry team went snd played them UPSET.

I have no idea what you just said, but you said it with authority so I'm behind it 100 percent. I almost thought it was that Antonio Roadrunner speaking the unseen again

• Upvote 2

Pretty sure our band's fashion sense isn't something to talk smack about. They don't wear the GB uniform at these games typically

The Longhorn band won't be wearing uniforms either - they'll be wearing khakis and polo shirts too. Except, they have the money to buy the khakis for the band members, so they'll all be a "uniform" color.

You can call me delusional, I've been called that all year. Mostly by Horn fans, but also among the Mean Green faithful. The US hockey team wasn't supposed to beat Russia. Appalachian St wasn't supposed to win in the Big House. NC State wasn't supposed to survive and advance. Jack Nicklaus was too old & washed up to win another Masters. Sports are full of miracle moments. Underdogs win games all the time that they are not supposed to win. Why Not North Texas? #BeliFve

Take it from someone who knows. To the general public just being a North Texas fan qualifies you as being delusional. I've lived with that for decades. And yet I still let my "FREAK FLAG FLY" at every opportunity.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I'd just like to point out that IF our band were to show up, we would absolutely embarrass the UT band. I'd pay just to watch that. Any word on if they're making the trek?

The money to pay for the $100/seat for the ~380 Green Brigade personnel was not found. They unfortunately won't be making the trip.

• Upvote 1

I don't know but I heard them practicing at Apogee last week. Seems a little early if they are only getiing ready for 'Stangs.

That's early for any schedule. Are you sure it was the GB? Many bands have a summer camp, and it's not out of the question that Apogee is host.

EDIT: Especially since it's DCI season. I think Dr. Williams is in CO.

Edited by greenminer