ESPN Predicts the UNT vs. UT-Austin score

Harry

Texas 31, North Texas 14: Charlie Strong's debut game is up and down with the Longhorn defense taking a shutout into the fourth quarter but with the offense struggling to pull away from North Texas. Ultimately, UT is never really threatened but has plenty of room to grow after Week 1.

Other prediction of note:

Baylor 63, SMU 42: Baylor's offense does what we've come to expect from Baylor's offense, but the Bears defense and secondary in particular struggle in the season opener against the Mustangs. BU quarterback Bryce Petty, once again making things look easier than they are, passes 400-plus yards and four touchdowns including two to Antwan Goodley as SMU never really has a hope of outscoring Art Briles' crew despite having plenty of success on offense.

read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/86567/predicting-the-2014-season-week-1

Interesting that "Greg" in the comments section gave his own picks:

Iowa State 28, North Dakota State 21

Alabama 31, West Virginia 17

Kansas State 55, Stephen F. Austin 24

TCU 35, Samford 17

Texas Tech 59, Central Arkansas 10

Oklahoma 48, Louisiana Tech 6

Florida State 28, Oklahoma State 31

Texas 35, North Texas 27

Baylor 52, SMU 20

Getting warmer "Greg", but still wrong

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Interesting that "Greg" in the comments section gave his own picks:

Iowa State 28, North Dakota State 21

Alabama 31, West Virginia 17

Kansas State 55, Stephen F. Austin 24

TCU 35, Samford 17

Texas Tech 59, Central Arkansas 10

Oklahoma 48, Louisiana Tech 6

Florida State 28, Oklahoma State 31Texas 35, North Texas 27

Baylor 52, SMU 20

Getting warmer "Greg", but still wrong

Our game won't be that close and Okie Lite isn't gonna beat FSU

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Emmitt is the first in line to bash UT.

He's either saying the game will be UNT in a route over UT, or the refs will have their burnt-orange way.

No, Emmitt looks at the CFB world with regular-colored glasses. His NBA glasses are green and blue.

I just don't see how we score very many points on 08/30.

14 is about right and may even be overly optimistic. Holding UT to 31 would be respectable.

I also worry how the undersized D line will hold up against UT's huge OL and running game. We are going to see a whole lot of Jonathan Gray and Malcolm Brown. If UT is running successfully, they may only throw the ball about 15 times.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Unt can do strang feats sometimes we ith coach directing things. You can beat he eill have us a good game plan.

Just wait and see all of you will be surprised.

Go A Mean Green beat U T. Which has the same abreviation

as Tennessee, and you know E hat happened when our coach

Fry team went snd played them UPSET.

• Upvote 1

I just don't see how we score very many points on 08/30.

14 is about right and may even be overly optimistic. Holding UT to 31 would be respectable.

I also worry how the undersized D line will hold up against UT's huge OL and running game. We are going to see a whole lot of Jonathan Gray and Malcolm Brown. If UT is running successfully, they may only throw the ball about 15 times.

O-line opens holes for dynamic duo #2 & #22. We had 7 rushing yards vs. Georgia. 7. That will change. Our big boys up front lead the way and set the tough physical tone and we run, run, run, run, run and run some more. You could say we'll "run...to set up the run" Throw in some option reads. Hit 'em with a play-action. Take advantage of what they give us. We are going down there to win a football game. Why is it so hard for you to believe? Your post is basically accepting losing already. "We don't accept losing" - Coach Mac

Stop worrying, stop doubting, stop questioning...just believe.

• Upvote 1

O-line opens holes for dynamic duo #2 & #22. We had 7 rushing yards vs. Georgia. 7. That will change. Our big boys up front lead the way and set the tough physical tone and we run, run, run, run, run and run some more. You could say we'll "run...to set up the run" Throw in some option reads. Hit 'em with a play-action. Take advantage of what they give us. We are going down there to win a football game. Why is it so hard for you to believe? Your post is basically accepting losing already. "We don't accept losing" - Coach Mac

Stop worrying, stop doubting, stop questioning...just believe.

Love your enthusiasm and really hope for the upset, but...

If we have early success running the ball against a very stout UT defense, they will go away from their vanilla game plan and start putting 8 and 9 in the box, forcing us to throw the ball if we dare. If they game plan at all for us, they will start with 8 or 9 in the box.

We couldn't run the ball against conference foes that did this last year. We darn sure wont be able to run the ball against a VERY talented UT team unless we can keep them honest with the forward pass. Terrible game to break in an unproven QB.

I'll be happy with a game that is close at the half with UT pulling away in the 3rd and 4th qtr. A game like UG would work, and we lost to them by 24.

What I fear is a blowout with UT rolling up over 300 yards rushing. This would cause a further attendance hit for the SMU game (11AM kick will keep some at home). I have enough faith on Mac and especially Skledaney to believe huge blowouts are a thing of the past...

I think.

Edited by Harry
  • Upvote 1

MeanGreenMan wants to party with you!

UNT90, "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to lose, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - No. You lose."

Like I said, hope you are right.

• Upvote 1