Cade Erwin to UNT

EagleD

Decommited today per Gabe Brooks

Yup.

https://twitter.com/c_erwin47/status/539896993561067520

Had an SMU offer. Very possible the Morris hire at least caught his attention. I hope he and Creighton Barr don't go to SMU now. Barr is right up there with Sam Miller as my top 2 favorite commits, and our most highly recruited.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 1

Yup.

https://twitter.com/c_erwin47/status/539896993561067520

Had an SMU offer. Very possible the Morris hire at least caught his attention. I hope he and Creighton Barr don't go to SMU now. Barr is right up there with Sam Miller as my top 2 favorite commits, and our most highly recruited.

Its going to be hard for us to ever win a recruiting battle against SMU now. I feel this is just the beginning of a bad offseason.

Its going to be hard for us to ever win a recruiting battle against SMU now. I feel this is just the beginning of a bad offseason.

Correct. I have the same exact feeling. Following recruiting as closely as I do, I'd have to say that there is basically nothing right now that points towards you being wrong (in other words, yes. Does look like we may have a bad offseason ahead). All we have at this point is optimism and faith.
  • Upvote 1

What recruiting battles were we winning against them anyway?? Very, very few. Settle down and let this play out.

Up until this point there were really only 3 players this class committed to us or SMU who had offers from both. Ashton Preston, Cade Erwin, and James Proche. 2 of those 3 were committed to us, and were 2 of our most highly rated/recruited commits. Now one has decommitted and another has picked up a crystal ball prediction to SMU. You're right that we need to let things play out, but things are not looking great.

Well, we seemed to lose at least one or two of our highest ranked guys right before signing day to them the last few years anyways. It almost always pisses me off when it happens, but it's not like this is anything new. These poor kids will switch to smu, then walk out to a crowd of 500 people in the stands and wonder what the hell they were doing ever committing there. I'll never forget that article a few years ago that had complete quotes from some of the smu players after a home game---they said that they'd rather play on the road than play home games because at least there would be people in the stands to watch them. That was in the height of the June Jones era. BEFORE he took the Ariz St job and things started falling apart. If people didn't get behind them then, they are not going to now.

Cade is a dumb name anyway. I bet he's dumb.

You can rearrange the letters in his name to spell "wiener cad".

Wiener:

1) Slang - a penis

2) Slang - an insignificant, disliked person

Cad:

1) An ill-bred man, especially one who behaves in a dishonorable way towards women.

This is not the sort of young man I want representing my university. We're better off without Mr. Wiener Cad. Best of luck at SMU or elsewhere, you Ill-bred, insignificant, misogynist penis. We'll have none of your shenanigans at our school, thank you very much.

You can rearrange the letters in his name to spell "wiener cad".

Wiener:

1) Slang - a penis

2) Slang - an insignificant, disliked person

Cad:

1) An ill-bred man, especially one who behaves in a dishonorable way towards women.

This is not the sort of young man I want representing my university. We're better off without Mr. Wiener Cad. Best of luck at SMU or elsewhere, you Ill-bred, insignificant, misogynist penis. We'll have none of your shenanigans at our school, thank you very much.

tumblr_la2rp8bgAw1qa6ql2o1_500.gif